CFS in ALL its splendor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CFS in ALL its splendor

used cube steak.........next time will try the bottom round steak. but this werked out great

I floured both pieces first.....wish i would of added some spice, maybe smitty's to it........will next time.

next step, i pounded the flour into the meat.........someone emailed me about that, can't remember who, but i always do that anyways.......

then a second flouring

then a dip in beaten egg mixture, and refloured........

then into cast iron frying pan, oil heated to @ 350

the rolls ready for the oven...........used Lee's sponge method for this bread.

after the meat went into the oven to keep warm........i made the gravy.......i browned the roux abit too much, but it turned out great

plated with garlic mashed potatoes

this meal was PERFECT.......cept for the overbrowning of the roux.......meat was tender........gravy great...........
    next time, like i said, will try the round steak............but this is another keeper !

let us not cry because we lost someone, but let us smile because we enjoyed their company for what time was allowed us!

Looks mighty tastey steve, did ya lick the plate?
    sigpic

Comment

naw..........didn't waste time with a empty plate..........tha pic has been done TOO much by others.......lololol

let us not cry because we lost someone, but let us smile because we enjoyed their company for what time was allowed us!

Comment

Yes sir... That right there is a southern staple Sunday dinner... Did good dude...
        Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Man that does look good dude.mmm
          2-22.5'' weber
          1-18'' weber
          1 smokey joe
          22.5'' wsm
          24'' smoke vault
          1-outhouse
          Certified,Smoked Meat Sausage Head
          Smoked meathead #135

Comment

I'll take a platter full over here too!
            Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Comment

That looks darned tasty there Dude.
              Who cares about the roux? It's about taste. And I bet it tastes almost as good as mine.
              I have pounded the flour into the meat before, but always forget to do it anymore. Also mine is packed already tenderized these days.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
                . Also mine is packed already tenderized these days.
                ?

Comment

Originally posted by Walking Dude View Post
                  ?
                  What do you mean"?"?
                  All my round is already tenderized. Top round, bottom round, top sirloin, it's all tenderized. Why pound too?

Tom

Comment

CFS is one of my all time favorites. Yours looks great.
                    KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
                      What do you mean"?"?
                      All my round is already tenderized. Top round, bottom round, top sirloin, it's all tenderized. Why pound too?
                      my cube steak, which MAY be round steak, is also tenderized....but i find if i LIGHTLY pound the steaks with flour, the flour get down deep..........the RE-flour.........gives me a better crust.....plus, some cube steaks get abit thick........i like to make sure they are of a thickness, that will get done the same time as the crust gets done.........steak gets TOO thick, crust is done, and to ME, the meat's not quite there, and can be tuff........but thats just me...........so i am not pounding hard enuff to RE tenderize it........we have done that before, and end up shredding the meat.........

Comment

Originally posted by Walking Dude View Post
                        my cube steak, which MAY be round steak, is also tenderized....but i find if i LIGHTLY pound the steaks with flour, the flour get down deep..........the RE-flour.........gives me a better crust.....plus, some cube steaks get abit thick........i like to make sure they are of a thickness, that will get done the same time as the crust gets done.........steak gets TOO thick, crust is done, and to ME, the meat's not quite there, and can be tuff........but thats just me...........so i am not pounding hard enuff to RE tenderize it........we have done that before, and end up shredding the meat.........
                        I hear (read) ya. I missed the part where you told us you were using cube steak.

Tom

Comment

WOW!!! Does that ever look good!!! We don't see that type of cooking up here much. You boys in the States definetly know how to cook!!!

Comment

Great lookin meal Dude!!!
                            Gene

sigpic

The Farm...
                            http://gardenofeatn-rhf.blogspot.com/

Comment

Some good looking CFS, I prepare mine the same way, just the way I was saw my granmother do it. Looks great
                              20x36 BYC by Klose Modified
                              36" Jenn-Air NG Grill
                              22" webber
                              several burners
                              pool/spa (of course)
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X