Rehearsal Dinner - Advice Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rehearsal Dinner - Advice Please

My daughter is getting married next month and because the grooms family is from out of town we agreed to have the rehearsal dinner at our house. I have been asked to take care of the meat, grooms mother will do everything else. Question ..... I have a 14lb Top Sirloin roast to cook and I'm thinking: Can I even fit this in my smoker????

Anybody ever done a Sirloin roast???? Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all .....
    Ron

Weber Smokey Mountain
    GOSM x 2
    Vermont Casting Grill
    Black Thermapen (only color available in these parts)

Check out BigRedQ's post:
    http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=932
    Gene

sigpic

The Farm...
    http://gardenofeatn-rhf.blogspot.com/

Comment

i never done a sirloin roast but i would think it would be no difference ffom a brisket...how big are your smokers , i see you have a gosm what size? i have the smaller gosm and i know i could not put that big piece of a meat in there without cutting it half.....also how many people are coming over....14lbs raw meat will basically give you 7lbs of finished product....so 1/2lb per person that would feed 14 people...so there are some variables here to think about..,i don;t know if this helps but might get you on the road to the answers...
      Mike
      Oklahoma City
      22.5 Generic (gettin ready to be dismantle for the Drum) Kettle Grill
      Weber 22.5 Performer
      GOSM 3405gw
      Boomer Sooner Drum
      Maverick ET-732
      Various Cast Iron Skillets and Dutch Ovens
      A-MAZE-N 6X6 Smoker

Comment

Originally posted by doctor phreak View Post
        i never done a sirloin roast but i would think it would be no difference ffom a brisket...how big are your smokers , i see you have a gosm what size? i have the smaller gosm and i know i could not put that big piece of a meat in there without cutting it half.....also how many people are coming over....14lbs raw meat will basically give you 7lbs of finished product....so 1/2lb per person that would feed 14 people...so there are some variables here to think about..,i don;t know if this helps but might get you on the road to the answers...
        Thanks Mike. I have a big block GOSM, but I'm still thinking I might have to use the grill to fit this monster. There will be about 20 people there but that includes all the girls from the Bridal party, so I'm hoping that will suffice ....
        Ron

Weber Smokey Mountain
        GOSM x 2
        Vermont Casting Grill

Comment

Ron, I have the smallest GOSM. I fit two 10 lbs. beef roasts in mine before the shelving mod. You should have no problem fitting it in. Just allow enough time, it may take a while. Are you planning to slice or pull?

I really liked the Tone's Rosemary and Garlic I used on mine, and cherry smoke goes really nice with beef. You could always inject it for better flavor too. If you need help with times or temps, speak up. I and others will throw in their .02.
          S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
          CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
          New Braunfels Bandera
          UniFlame Gas Grill
          Lil Chief

Comment

Dionysus,
            I have never done one, but I have to agree I would think it would be like a briskey. Good luck, it will be the best dinner that any of your guests have ever had because you will have made it with love! Congrats on the wedding dad!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

My Advice
              Don't get drunk (till everyone leaves) and try to be nice to the future inlaws.

Oh, and congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by supervman View Post
                My Advice
                Don't get drunk (till everyone leaves) and try to be nice to the future inlaws.

Oh, and congrats!
                Good advice, but luckily we are REALLY please about this. He's a great guy and we have spent a few evenings with his family already.

Thanks everyone ....
                Ron

Weber Smokey Mountain
                GOSM x 2
                Vermont Casting Grill

Comment

Working...
                X