7 Bone Chuckie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7 Bone Chuckie

We don't see these much in my part of Florida, so on a return trip from North Carolina at one of the local Harvey's in Georgia we found a 7 bone Chuck that I wanted to try smoking in the GOSM.

7-bone pot roast = 7-bone roast = center cut pot roast = chuck roast center cut Notes: This is a tough cut of meat, so it's usually braised or cooked in liquid to tenderize it. A steak from this roast is called a 7-bone steak. Substitutes: arm roast OR blade pot roast

7-bone steak = center chuck steak Notes: This is an economical steak cut from a 7-bone pot roast. It's rather tough, so your best bet is to braise it. If you insist on grilling or broiling it, be sure to marinate it overnight to make it as tender as possible.

My plan was to marinade it in a Adobo Chili Cilantro and then add some rub and spices to it.

My wife found this deep stainless steel pan while we were camping. I've seen them in Buffet Lines with the hot water underneath them to keep food warm. Seems perfect for all types of meats and rubs.

After the night long marinade I broke out these spices. Them MDM and Everglades were the main ingredients. The McCormicks Season All Crustings Blends we had on some Chicken the MIL made when we were visiting her in NC. Both Mrs Flash and I love it, but it is really better suited for baking, but I figured "what the heck".

Fired the smoker up to 235º and figured around 5 hours or so. The smoke was thin and blue. I used Cherry and Pecan for this smoke.

Around 3 1/2 hours it was looking pretty nice.

At 160º I proceeded to wrap the chuck in foil and it stayed there for another 1 1/2 hours. At 210º internal, I removed it and wrapped it in a towel and popped it in the cooler.

I was wondering how it would pull as I have had some just refuse to do so, but never doing a 7 bone Chuck didn't know what to expect.

It actually pulled rather well. I wish I had a meat cleaver, but I am not paying $60.00 for one. It was quite tasty. A mixture of tangy with a little bit of a hot kick due to the Everglades Heat.

MMMMM. Turnips, Greens, Candy Corn with a little Red Wine. Excellent

looks like a chunk of beefy-barky goodness!
    I bet ya don't have alot left!

Thanks for sharing it with us!
    Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Comment

Looks real tasty Flash! Love the pics man great presentation of the process! Thanks for sharing.
      Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
      Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

nice Flash, real nice...............

you and you fla dudes, with SWEET corn already.............ERRRRRRRRRRR

let us not cry because we lost someone, but let us smile because we enjoyed their company for what time was allowed us!

Comment

Had our first sweet corn yesterday, cooked it on my new drum. I would guess that it is florida or california corn.
          Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Comment

That looks fantastic. Nubie question: what is a chuckie? Thanks.

Comment

Real nice chunk o' beef Flash....looks deeeeelicious!!!
              Gene

sigpic

The Farm...
              http://gardenofeatn-rhf.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Mojo 2u View Post
                That looks fantastic. Nubie question: what is a chuckie? Thanks.

Chuck Roast, this being a 7 bone Chuck

http://www.sonic.net/~alden/MeatBeefChuck.html

Comment

oh that ole 7 bone turned into some mighty fine looking viddles. enjoy yer meal..
                  sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
                  nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

Yummy Flash!
                    Got a chuckie in the freezer... I can hear it calling for me right now!!
                    Yours has a beautiful color and it looks very moist too!!
                    BRAVO!!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Mmmmm.. Looks excellent Flash!!
                      jeanie

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/

Comment

That looks fantastic!
                        Sunset Eagle Aviation
                        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Dan View Post
                          Had our first sweet corn yesterday, cooked it on my new drum. I would guess that it is florida or california corn.
                          not to hijack the thread er nothing, but I also had my first sweet corn this year over the weekend. Sucked..lol

BTW it was labeled Florida sweet corn....

2 Weber Kettles
                          Weber Smokey Joe
                          Chargriller Smoking Pro Offset
                          Brinkman ECB
                          Charbroil 940X
                          Project UDS
                          Brinkman Turkey Fryer

Comment

BTW Welcome to the site, I must of missed you coming in.
                            Great job on the Chuck and with pics as well....................
                            20x36 BYC by Klose Modified
                            36" Jenn-Air NG Grill
                            22" webber
                            several burners
                            pool/spa (of course)
                            sigpic

Comment

For leftovers (yes there was some) we chopped up the pulled chuck even more, then the wife scrambled some eggs, along with a jalapeno and we added the chuck. We then poured it all into a warm tortilla. It was great

Comment

Working...
                              X