Interested in price comparisons.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interested in price comparisons.

Got a lot of bbqs etc coming up so just been and spent lots of money at costco.

So how do these prices compare to what you lot pay for similiar cuts/products ?
    I've started to buy cuts where there's no waste and minimal fiddling about with. As it works out cheaper in the long run. Numbers given are: $ per lb

Boneless lamb leg (for some reason it's actually cheaper than bone in) = 6.29
    Boneless pork shoulder steaks = 2.22
    racks of ribs, come in packs of four smallish racks (no I don't know what kind) = 2.98
    beef flank steak (no fat, no waste - ideal for jerky, also second cheapest beef cut they do by a tiny amount)=4.76

So are you surprised, gobsmacked that I still eat meat or is there not that much difference ?
    Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
    Just call me 'One Grind'

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
    Got a lot of bbqs etc coming up so just been and spent lots of money at costco.

So how do these prices compare to what you lot pay for similiar cuts/products ?
    I've started to buy cuts where there's no waste and minimal fiddling about with. As it works out cheaper in the long run. Numbers given are: $ per lb

Boneless lamb leg (for some reason it's actually cheaper than bone in) = 6.29
    Boneless pork shoulder steaks = 2.22
    racks of ribs, come in packs of four smallish racks (no I don't know what kind) = 2.98
    beef flank steak (no fat, no waste - ideal for jerky, also second cheapest beef cut they do by a tiny amount)=4.76

So are you surprised, gobsmacked that I still eat meat or is there not that much difference ?
    WEll I think I am gonna stop eating meat!!

These are price by me ~ per LB

Boneless lamb runs $12-15
    pork shoulder steaks (like pork chops w/out the bone?) $ 3.25
    pork ribs are about the same I have not got them in a while
    Beef flank steak are you kidding? that is $8 it's not cheap around here!!

I guess I have to move across the pond!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

This weeks specials
      Gene

sigpic

The Farm...
      http://gardenofeatn-rhf.blogspot.com/

Comment

Wait, the Costco pork rib cryo packs are $3/lb? Damn! They are $1.70 or so at BJs down the street.

Comment

pork shoulder steaks (like pork chops w/out the bone?)
          not really.

They're like big chunks of pork butt that someones already removed most of the fat and sinew from.
          If I buy a boned out pork shoulder - sure it's cheaper per pound - but I then have to remove the skin and fat and sinew. take time and you lose about 1 1/2 pound of the total weight of the pack. So these steaks from costco are actually a better buy for sausage making. Also good for slicing thin and marindaing for the grill :-) I also make sate pork with them as well.
          Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
          Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Working...
          X