Smokin' venison over the weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smokin' venison over the weekend

Had a smoke over the weekend. Cooked up some venison summer sausage, ring bologna & snack stiks. Here's a pic of the smoker with the ring and summer sausage still hanging after I removed the snack stiks.

I used natural sheep casings this time for the snack stiks and wow! What a difference with the natural casings. Its a bit more of a hassel to stuff but 1000 times better then the man made casings.

I plan on making more snack stiks since the 5 pounds I made are gone already. Will post more pics of them.

enjoy!

Xpress23
    Attached Files

Looks good, what kind of recipe did you use for the snack sticks?

Comment

I used the LEM original seasoning. Not bad flavor but I like something a little hotter. I have pepper and hot to try next. I bought a kit from LEM that included all 3 flavors and made 5lbs of each. It seemed like a good way to try some different flavors.

Comment

Good looking sausage. Be nice to see that summer sausage sliced open.
        sigpic
        Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Nice fridge smoker in the first pic. Second pic showing the smoker open was too dark and shadowy. We can barely any sausage hanging in it. I for one want so see everything--what's your heat source, smoke source, # shelf brackets, # thermo probes, etc.

Points coming!

Comment

Working...
          X