GOSM Mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOSM Mods

Thought I'd throw a coupla pics up of some things I've done to mine. I know most, if not all of them, are probly already on this site or another , but just an effort to help....

Needle Valve - This will help you modulate gas to your burner and thus the cooker temp. The unit's control is not precise enough. Very difficult to maintain lower temps without a similar setup. Threads will need pipe dope or teflon tape, I used pipe dope.
    P1060001.jpg

This may help if you're in a windy condition. Sometimes you may lose flame and not even know it. Simple build - one sheet of plywood, 6 hinges and some paint. Notice the notch on the right for the LPG hose. Hinged at three corners allows it to fold-up nicely for storage. The red 'medallion' on the smoker door is supposed to be a thermometer, it's really just a hole plugger, IMHO. Get some good thermometers to smoke/cook with. An inexpensive automotive drip pan underneath your smoker may save you some grief from any drips that WILL occur.
    P1060008.jpgP1060002.jpg

If you're into sausage and such, this is one way to hang 'em. I used oak 1x6 for the racks and 3/4" dowels for the rods, cut and notched to suit my needs. Probly shouldn't use pine and such.
    P1060007.jpg

All of the stuff to complete these mods can be purchased inexpensively at your local hardware store or big box stores.

Hope this helps someone........Happy smokin'!!!
    Rudy

sigpic
    GOSM Big Block
    SnPP - Rehab'd after 16 years
    22.5" Weber Kettle
    Smokey Joe for the RV
    Assorted Digital Thermos
    and a ugly BROWN thermapen cuz it was on sale!

looks good!! Now that will smoke some meat!!
    Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
    Yoder YS640
    Weber Genesis
    Weber 18.5" Kettle
    Weber Performer
    Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

I have the same needle valve mod on my GOSM Red, and you're right....it's impossible to hold a temp below 200° without it. Comes in very handy when you're smoking up a mess of sausage. I like your windbreak...think I'll throw one of those together before the season starts in earnest up here.
      sigpic

Smoked-Meat certified Sausagehead

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1443745685

Comment

Nice mods. Still need to do the needle valve to mine.

Love the sausage mod too. Looks very familiar. Scroll down. Lol.

http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1429
        S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
        CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
        New Braunfels Bandera
        UniFlame Gas Grill
        Lil Chief

Comment

Working...
        X