I'm ready for some racin!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm ready for some racin!!!!

Spent a late night last night putting some finishing touches on the car, today after work we're dragging it over to the shop to get it scaled and setup, and tomorrow it we'll be on the track for it's shakedown run!

This season kinda sneaked up on me and I wasn't really feeling it until last night when we got it on the trailer and ready to go. Now I'm anxious to get to the track!

Woo Hoo Saturday night dirt track racin'! Nothin better than loud cars and dirt in your beer!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by PitRow; 05-11-2009, 04:01 PM. Reason: typo
    Mike
    Life In Pit Row

Yeah Man!....Lookin forward to some pic's!
    Sunset Eagle Aviation
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by Slanted88 View Post
      Yeah Man!....Lookin forward to some pic's!

Ditto ...

Comment

Mike, that sounds great!! Best of luck to you this weekend. :)
        jeanie

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/

Comment

Nice looking car Mike... Give'em hell..
          Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Sweet!!
            AWESOME!!! Be safe, and win!!!
            Post some pictures!!
            GO GO GO!!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

great nationwide race tonight- can't wait for tomorrow- damn the torpedoes & rack the ribs....
              brink vertical charcoal(the carp)
              18" old smokey charcoal grill/smoker
              cast iron Hibachi
              22" Kettle w/ "Smoke-EZ" styled riser extension
              & rotisserator
              12x7 wells cargo vending trailer(mods in progress)
              stuffer,slicer & more carp than i can fit in it...
              Marshall amps & various awesome guitars,drums,P.A.,etc.recording studio.....

Blues-N-Cues Concessions & Catering
              http://blues-n-cuesbbq.com/
              my music recordings-
              http://www.reverbnation.com/rlcltd

Comment

Originally posted by pitrow View Post
                spent a late night last night putting some finishing touches on the car, today after work we're dragging it over to the shop to get it scaled and setup, and tomorrow it we'll be on the track for it's shakedown run!

This season kinda sneaked up on me and i wasn't really feeling it until last night when we got it on the trailer and ready to go. Now i'm anxious to get to the track!

Woo hoo saturday night dirt track racin'! Nothin better than loud cars and dirt in your beer!

go fast and take chances...good luck.. Kyote
                sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
                nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

Well the race got rained out. Typical Oregon spring time weather. Sunny and warm one minute. Pouring down rain the next. Oh well.
                  Mike
                  Life In Pit Row

Comment

Well after being rained out last weekend, we wanted to get some racing in, but our series is not scheduled to race again until may 30th. So we decided to load up and head 3 hours south to a track that was running a class we could "compete" in. Now, I put compete in quotes because the class we run in is a crate motor class... we go buy a sealed motor from GM and that's it, you can't do any mods to it. Maybe 350 HP on a good day. The class we were running in this weekend is the same chassis, but an open motor class. Some of those guys are running full aluminum block 800+ HP motors that cost 30 grand.

Anyway, it was a pretty good weekend. Had a couple of mishaps. The fuel line got tangled in the axle during hot laps and yanked it clean out of the fuel cell. Got that repaired just in time for qualifying. Turned in a time that was almost a full second faster than our best at that track last year, and landed us in 13th place, out of 17. Not bad for bringing a knife to a gun fight.

The main was going alright, pretty much outclassed the whole way, but we were holding our own. Managed to make it up to 7th place by the time a yellow flew with 5 to go. Mostly due to cars wrecking out (two cars completely flipped) but we were still holding off and passing some of the slower guys. Coming into turn 3 with the white flag flying we hit a big bump in the upper groove and knocked the battery out of it's tray and disconnected the positive cable, which shut the car down instantly. So we coasted across the white and finished 3 laps down in 10th place.

Not bad for a crate motor against the big boys, and we think we knocked all the gremlins out, which was the point of the whole night. Plus my driver says the car is hooked up better than it ever has before, so we're right on track with the setup this year.

I'll get a couple pictures up once I download them from my camera tonight.
                    Mike
                    Life In Pit Row

Comment

great report and thanks for the update. I would love to see some pics.

I guess thats what they mean by " hitting a bump in the road".!

Get em next time!
                      Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Comment

A couple of pics from Saturday. I didn't have a chance to snap too many, we'll see if the track photographer comes up with any.

Click the pics for full size.

Mike
                        Life In Pit Row

Comment

Nice job on the pics, thanks. We don't have any dirt tracks around here anymore. I used to go to the dirt track races when I was in my young 20's!

Hope ya have a great racing season!
                          Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Comment

Man...appreciate the pic's. Got 2 dirt tracks close. I need to go see some grass roots racin!
                            Sunset Eagle Aviation
                            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

the flagger for our local track moved over there to panama city a couple years ago. He said you've got some nice tracks over there. I can't remember the name of the one he went to all the time, but it sounded like a top notch facility.
                              Mike
                              Life In Pit Row

Comment

Working...
                              X