Beef Ribs??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beef Ribs??

The other day I smoked some beef ribs on the electric brinkman. I rubbed them the night before and smoked them for 6 hours. When I served them they were very tough and chewy. The quality of the ribs seemed good enough so what went wrong?? Can anyone give me some guidance??

What temperature was the smoker during the six hours?
    Keith

Comment

Originally posted by Kingudaroad View Post
      What temperature was the smoker during the six hours?
      about 225.

Comment

I'm not sure what temperature I smoke mine to. I watch for the pull back on the bones. When the meat pulls back from the bone about an inch I take them off of the smoker.
        jeanie

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/

Comment

I smoked the same thing last weekend for the same amount of time at the same temperature as you, and mine were very tender.

For more tenderness or fall off the bone feel, A lot of folks will put em in foil for part of the smoke. Like the 3-2-1 method.

Only thing I can think is they were either too cooked or not cooked enough.
          Keith

Comment

Originally posted by Smokyjeff View Post
            The other day I smoked some beef ribs on the electric brinkman. I rubbed them the night before and smoked them for 6 hours. When I served them they were very tough and chewy. The quality of the ribs seemed good enough so what went wrong?? Can anyone give me some guidance??
            Bubba show the the picture please. It will explain your troubles.lol..
            sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
            nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

Foiling at first sign of pullback will help. Beef has alot of connective tissues that need to break down. Or increase temps a little, and keep them mopped. Don'r be surprised if they end up pulled back half way up the bone...Dinos take a while. Treat them like full spares and you should be OK.
              In God I trust- All others pay cash...
              Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
              Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

First of all....

No pics, never happened!

6 hrs in a Brinkman should have been fine.
                Heres mine after 5 hrs in the drum...

By imn88fan

Comment

Working...
                X