Smoked Venison Chili

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoked Venison Chili

Only took one picture of the chili. Had too much other stuff going on. Smoked a couple pounds of ground venison. Fried it up with onions and bell peppers. Added home canned tomatoes and (beans).

Thanks for looking.
    sigpic
    Smoke Vault 24

Yay! Is tha tbeans I see before me?? Looks awsome as usual Keith.

Comment

Originally posted by Squirrel View Post
      Yay! Is tha tbeans I see before me?? Looks awsome as usual Keith.
      I was born and halfway raised in the great state of Michigan, so yes, my chili always has beans. No offense to the Texans who swear you can't have beans in the chili, but that's just the way I was built.
      sigpic
      Smoke Vault 24

Comment

I am getting ready to change my Mohunken Six Pack Chili Recipe to include smoked meat.

Question is, how do you smoke the meat. Is it already ground or do you smoke it whole or in chunks and then grind it?

Thanks in advance.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Savannahsmoker View Post
          I am getting ready to change my Mohunken Six Pack Chili Recipe to include smoked meat.

Question is, how do you smoke the meat. Is it already ground or do you smoke it whole or in chunks and then grind it?

Thanks in advance.
          This is already ground with about 15% beef fat. Just took a couple of packages out of the freezer and let thaw. Then spread it around in a disposable aluminum pan and onto the mini it went. Just stir around occasionally to expose more of the meat to the smoke. Only did this one for about an hour. Just a nice hint of smoke in the chili.
          sigpic
          Smoke Vault 24

Comment

.... Looks great Keith.....

My buddy also pre-smokes ground beef before frying for chili & tacos & nachos, etc..... He likes it .... Sounds like a winner.... Beans in chili is OK by me (wife will disagree though )
            sigpic

Comment

Hot damn, smoked chili goodness right there!! You been tearing it up, my friend!

Smoked burger, huh... I'll have to give that a go!

Comment

Dude your killing me! As cold as it is, smoked venlison chili and sliced up Elk roast??? Uhg... My stomach is grumbling now! Got to figure out what I have in the freezer to cook up with this afternoon.
                BBQ catering
                Competition BBQ team
                "Practical BBQ" Author

Comment

Originally posted by Bassman View Post
                  I was born and halfway raised in the great state of Michigan, so yes, my chili always has beans. No offense to the Texans who swear you can't have beans in the chili, but that's just the way I was built.
                  None taken... It's not my rules that keeps the beans out of the chili.. Blame that on CASI.. I prefer my beans on the side with a nice big wedge of Jalapeno Corn Bread.. But that's me..

Now I would take a big Ol' bowl of yours if you have any left..
                  Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

That big ole pot-o-chili only needs one pic, damn does that look good!
                    Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
                    My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
                    @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Chili aint chili without beans,otherwise its just meat soup

Dang that looks good
                      2-22.5'' weber
                      1-18'' weber
                      1 smokey joe
                      22.5'' wsm
                      24'' smoke vault
                      1-outhouse
                      Certified,Smoked Meat Sausage Head
                      Smoked meathead #135

Comment

great looking chili Keith! beans or no beans dont matter, the main ingredient is what makes it in my book. Venison makes some of the best chili. outta points but on the great looking chili...
                        Charbroil SFB
                        GOSM
                        MES
                        Dutch Ovens and other CI
                        Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
                        Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

With everything we had going on yesterday, I didn't have time to make cornbread to go with the chili. Had to settle for a couple chili dogs instead.
                          sigpic
                          Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Looks good. I have been in the mood for some good chili lately with all this cold weather.
                            Propane Smoke Shack
                            UDS
                            Great Outdoors Smoky Mountain
                            sigpic

Comment

Great idea on the smoked venison. I'd eat it beans and all!

I also grind my venison with 15%beef fat. Makes great sliders too.
                              Keith

Comment

Working...
                              X