Patriot Rubbed Elk Roast For Sandwiches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patriot Rubbed Elk Roast For Sandwiches

Took out two elk roasts to put on the mini UDS. I think I'm getting the hang of it now. Had some help from ThunderDome so it's beginning to make sense now. Thanks TD! Took Rich's advice for an injection. Simmered some onion and garlic in beef broth, then added about a cup of apple juice. Smoked at 250° and only took about 3 hours.
    I trimmed these up a little better before putting the rub to them.

Injected and rubbed with Patriots and coarse black pepper.

Pulled them off the mini when they hit 135° internal. They're wrapped and cooling outside right now, so probably won't get sliced pics until tomorrow.

Thanks for checking out my elk.
    sigpic
    Smoke Vault 24

Looks great...can't wait to see the sliced pics!!
    Where to Shop -
    www.OwensBBQ.com

Follow Tatonka Dust on Facebook -
    https://www.facebook.com/TatonkaDust

Comment

Yeah those do look great! I cant wait until you slice them up and start handing out sandwiches
      Thanks for sharing
      Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
      Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Dammit, man!! My mouth was watering when you told me what you were going to do... now I'm really

Sliced Pictures!
        Sliced Pictures!
        Sliced Pictures!

Oh yeah... and every time you use the mini - I'm demanding a picture of some meat on the grate!!

Comment

It's too early to be drooling dammit..

Pics!! Pics!!! Pics!!!!
          BBQ catering
          Competition BBQ team
          "Practical BBQ" Author

Comment

Originally posted by WALLE View Post
            Dammit, man!! My mouth was watering when you told me what you were going to do... now I'm really

Sliced Pictures!
            Sliced Pictures!
            Sliced Pictures!

Oh yeah... and every time you use the mini - I'm demanding a picture of some meat on the grate!!

I gotta agree with Tracey---Completely!!!

Sliced Pictures!
            Sliced Pictures!
            Sliced Pictures!

Bear
            Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
            Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

You are on a roll Keith, how did the roasts turn out. awesome i am sure. nice job buddy!
              Charbroil SFB
              GOSM
              MES
              Dutch Ovens and other CI
              Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
              Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap,.....WELLLL!!!!!!
                Mark
                sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

OK then! After resting in the fridge overnight, got them sliced up this morning. I just may have a French dip for lunch.

sigpic
                  Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Oh Yeah---That's what I'm talking about!!!!

Awesome Pile of Slices!!!!

Sheer Beauty----->>

Thanks,
                    Bear
                    Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                    Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Looks great! How'd the trench dips turn out?

Comment

Good gawd man...that is absolutely mouthwatering . No elk down here is Looziana, but our boys live in Colorado. They've been askin' me to go with 'em. After seein' this...I'ma goin' next year!!!

Perfect lookin' slices there Keith. Superb! for sure!!
                        Rudy

sigpic
                        GOSM Big Block
                        SnPP - Rehab'd after 16 years
                        22.5" Weber Kettle
                        Smokey Joe for the RV
                        Assorted Digital Thermos
                        and a ugly BROWN thermapen cuz it was on sale!

Comment

Woo Lawrdy!! That is a shaved pan of heaven right there.

Oh yeah, I'm sure I forgot something at your house Keith. Don't know what it was, but I'm swinging by around lunch time to pick it up....

Comment

Originally posted by WALLE View Post
                            Woo Lawrdy!! That is a shaved pan of heaven right there.

Oh yeah, I'm sure I forgot something at your house Keith. Don't know what it was, but I'm swinging by around lunch time to pick it up....
                            Tracey you are a brat! Sneakin over there fer lunch......jealousy - ugly!
                            Bass that looks soooo good! Did I mention Tracey is a brat? But, ok, tell us how good it is!
                            Mark
                            sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                            Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Thanks for the kudos and the points. Did I mention that these roasts are from the elk that Tracey brought me last hunting season? Also did I forget to mention that the mini UDS is the one Tracey built for me? Did I also forget that Tracey is claiming me on his income taxes for the year? Damn, even the onions in the chili (different thread) were some that were raised by Tracey's folks in Southwestern Colorado. Don't be too jealous if he stops by for lunch. What the hell, the rest of you may as well come on over too.
                              sigpic
                              Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Working...
                              X