Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Familiar With The Masterbuilt Extra Wide Propane Smoker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Familiar With The Masterbuilt Extra Wide Propane Smoker?

OK, in my search for a Gasser I ran across this smoker at Bass Pro Shops. At 199 bones, the price is in my range, at over 1300 sq. inches of cooking space it seems like it will hold quite a bit and almost all the reviews on it were positive. I'd rather have your opinions on it though as I know you all are experienced smokers where a lot of the reviewers were first timers. It has a few problems but they sound like easy workarounds like it needs a better wood chip and water pan and the thermo isn't always accurate.

Here's a link to it:

http://www.basspro.com/Masterbuilt-E...SELL_THUMBNAIL

I bought a GOSM Big Block from BassPro...about the same as that one. I really like it & it is roomy enough for my needs. I mounted it on whells so I can roll it in & out of the garage & keep it out of the elements.
    Sunset Eagle Aviation
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

looks good - all the reviews say the same basic mods.
      Can't go wrong with the price either
      Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
      Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Looks so much like a GOSM they are prolly manufactured in the same plant. Looks like a good unit and priced right.
        sigpic

GOSM/propane
        UDS (Cam)/lump
        22.5 Weber Kettle/lump
        Weber Genesis/propane
        Camp Chef Pro 90/ propane

Comment

Well, with my BDay coming up this Saturday, I'll drop the hint to Mama and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by MichChef View Post
            Well, with my BDay coming up this Saturday, I'll drop the hint to Mama and see what happens.
            Well...Happy Birthday early Cat Daddy! Uhh...think you'll like what Baby is gonna get ya!
            Sunset Eagle Aviation
            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Buddy bought one a couple weeks ago and loves it. Been smoking up a storm. Did 4 chickens to day. Said he should have bought more. Good smoker and huge inside.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Comment

Well as plans stand right now, were heading down to the Bass Pro Shop in Auburn Hills tomorrow AM to pick one of these up. Gotta get my spare propane tank filled and buy some sausage for a break in fattie. First smoke will most likely be a big pork butt that's in the freezer, but I have some chickens, a turkey, some babybacks, a big sirloin roast and some blocks of cheese waiting in line.

Comment

Working...
                X