Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoked Potato Pizza (with 6 smoked meats)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoked Potato Pizza (with 6 smoked meats)

Smoked Potato Pizza

With Smoked Mozzarella Cheese, Fresh Cherry Tomatoes, and Six different kinds of Smoked Meats, on top of a Base made of Smoked Potatoes, Baked & Sliced & Pan Browned.

Didn't want to keep this hidden from you guys!!!

If you like Fried Taters, you'll love this Pizza Crust!!!

Here we go:
    #1 Take 4 nice sized potatoes, and stick them in your smoker without heat for 2 hours, above a Hickory filled A-MAZE-N-SMOKER, lit on one end.
    #2 Remove those smoked potatoes from the smoker and bake them.
    #3 Let them cool awhile, and stick them in your fridge over night to cool & firm up.
    #4 Remove Smoked Baked Potatoes from Fridge, and slice them into 1/2 thick slices.
    #5 Put the slices in a Medium high frying pan with butter, until both sides of all of the slices are well browned & buttery (this could take a few batches).
    #6 Lay out all of the slices that will fit in a circle on a Pizza pan. Cut little pieces of some of the smaller slices to fill in little voids between the larger slices.
    #7 Take some of your smoked Mozzarella and grate it.
    #8 Put as much of this grated cheese on the potato Pizza crust as it takes to hold it together, and broil it just long enough to melt the cheese.
    #9 Partially fry any of the uncooked toppings you will use on the Pizza, like Belly & Buckboard Bacon (if it wasn't smoked to 145˚ IT), and set it aside.
    #10 Now if you want to keep each topping separate, you will have to make your cuts now.
    #11 Slice up enough cherry tomatoes to cover the whole pizza, and spread them out now.
    #12 Spread a little more Smoked Mozzarella Cheese on top of the tomato slices.
    #13 Now if you want to do it the way I did, cut & lay out on individual slices, Belly Bacon, Smoked Pepperoni, Canadian Bacon, Bear Loaf, Deer Sausage, and Buckboard Bacon.
    #14 Spread the rest of the grated Smoked Mozzarella Cheese on the whole thing.
    #15 Place in Oven at 350˚ until the top cheese is melted, and everything else is nice and warm.
    #16 Remove from oven, and let the diners select which pieces they want.

Our son came up to have some, and the three of us ate 6 of the 8 slices for dinner. Another amazing thing is the next day I nuked the two left over pieces, and Mrs Bear & I ate them. They were just as good as they were the night before (Not dry or mushy)!

You don't have to do any of this exactly like I did. Try your favorite toppings.

BTW: If you want a hint as to what this tastes like (before you make your own)---Think of those Baked potato skins that they scoop out most of the potato, put cheese & bacon bits in, and bake it again. Now just think about using "Home Smoked Cheese" and a different kind of smoked meat on each slice.

Thanks,
    Bear

Slicing 4 Large Smoked and Baked Potatoes:

Pan browning slices of Smoked & Baked Potatoes in butter:

Slicing & drying cherry tomatoes:

All slices browned:

Browned Smoked Baked Potato slices laid out in Pizza Pan:

Completed Smoked Potato Pizza (pieces around outside show what is on each slice)
    Cold-smoked potatoes, baked, sliced, pan browned, and arranged into a circular pizza crust. Has my smoked mozzarella & cherry tomatoes on the entire pizza, except half of the top one, to show viewers the potato slices. I smoked all of the additional toppings. They are (clockwise, starting at 3 O'clock)---Belly Bacon, Smoked Pepperoni, Canadian Bacon, Bear Loaf, Venison Sausage, and Buckboard Bacon. LOL---My Son got cute with the little sign:

Smoked Belly Bacon topped:

Smoked Buckboard Bacon topped:

Smoked Deer sausage topped:

Smoked Canadian Bacon topped:

Smoked Bear Loaf topped:

Smoked Pepperoni topped:

Just Smoked Mozzarella & Cherry Tomato topped:
    Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
    Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Masterbuilt Stainless Steel 40"
    Weber 22.5" WSM
    Weber Performer W/rotisserie X2
    Weber 22.5" Kettle Silver
    Weber 22.5" Kettle Gold
    Weber 1990 22.5" 3 Wheeler
    Weber 18.5" Kettle
    Weber 18.5" Bud Light Kettle
    Weber Smokey Joe
    GMG Daniel Boone
    Pit Barrel Cooker
    Maverick ET 73 and ET 732
    6X8 A Maze N Smoker and Tube Smoker
    Fastest Themapen on the market BLACK
    The Vortex

Comment

Very creative. Do the potatoes stick together when your trying to eat the pizza like a pizza crust does or does it want to fall apart? I like the look of that!
      Propane Smoke Shack
      UDS
      Great Outdoors Smoky Mountain
      sigpic

Comment

nice browning on them tater wheels...you can tell you didn't overcrowd the pan
        Weber Smokey Joe
        Weber 22.5" Silver
        Weber Performer Platinum
        Smokey Mountain Gas Vertical Water Smoker
        Big Green Egg XL with iQue 110
        [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Comment

Outstanding! Smoked potato pizza
          Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
          My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
          @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Doug S. View Post
            Thanks Doug!!

Bear

Originally posted by rbranstner View Post
            Very creative. Do the potatoes stick together when your trying to eat the pizza like a pizza crust does or does it want to fall apart? I like the look of that!
            Thanks Ross!
            The melted cheese holds everything together, but much of it can't be picked up like a Regular Pizza slice. I found it much better to eat it with a fork.

Bear
            Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Comment

Nice looking pizza!! I will have to put this into my back pocket to try out later on!! Wish i could give but I have been handcuffed by the big man... Will try to give tomorrow!!
              Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
              Yoder YS640
              Weber Genesis
              Weber 18.5" Kettle
              Weber Performer
              Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Very creative!! Lovin' the idea of the potato crust!
                Where to Shop -
                www.OwensBBQ.com

Follow Tatonka Dust on Facebook -
                https://www.facebook.com/TatonkaDust

Comment

Those "slices" looked tasty, that's a great idea
                  and if I got 'em.

Just noticed, your last post was #1,000

Oops...they got me.

IOU some points
                  There is a cure...http://phoenixtears.ca/

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SmokinOutBack View Post
                    Outstanding! Smoked potato pizza
                    Thank You Jim!!!!

Bear

Originally posted by barkonbutts View Post
                    Nice looking pizza!! I will have to put this into my back pocket to try out later on!! Wish i could give but I have been handcuffed by the big man... Will try to give tomorrow!!
                    Thanks Brian!!!

Bear

Originally posted by TATONKA3A2 View Post
                    Very creative!! Lovin' the idea of the potato crust!
                    Thank You too Tanya!!!

Bear

Comment

I don't think I'm going to live long enough to try all these things, but I'll give it one helluva try. Good looking Pizza, Bear.
                      sigpic
                      Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Originally posted by Fire it up View Post
                        Those "slices" looked tasty, that's a great idea
                        and if I got 'em.

Just noticed, your last post was #1,000

Oops...they got me.

IOU some points

Thanks Jim!!!
                        Shhhhh, don't tell anyone about the 1,000 posts milestone.
                        Guys were congratulating me when I hit 9,000 on SMF, and one of the big bosses (PW) said they were just a bunch of meaningless posts. Wouldn't want to hear that chit again! I kept my 10,000 and 11,000 a secret.

Bear

Originally posted by Bassman View Post
                        I don't think I'm going to live long enough to try all these things, but I'll give it one helluva try. Good looking Pizza, Bear.

Thanks Bassman!!!
                        You got time to make everything on this forum, at least twice!!!

Bear

Comment

Perfect!!! Bear, that is such a timely post. One of our grankids recently asked about making a pizza with all the meats we have around here. Can't wait for them to come back to visit...will be sure to sit down with him, show him your post, and ask him if he thinks we could do that!!

Great idea Bear and as usual, a fantasic post!

Patrol has me under surveillance...gotta wait 'til tomorrow...
                          Rudy

sigpic
                          GOSM Big Block
                          SnPP - Rehab'd after 16 years
                          22.5" Weber Kettle
                          Smokey Joe for the RV
                          Assorted Digital Thermos
                          and a ugly BROWN thermapen cuz it was on sale!

Comment

Get on it Cat Daddy Bear! Man...knowed it ate good!
                            Sunset Eagle Aviation
                            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

I have got to stop coming to this place before dinner.. Great looking feast!
                              BBQ catering
                              Competition BBQ team
                              "Practical BBQ" Author

Comment

Working...
                              X