Need some opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some opinions

I need some opinions from all you veteran smokers. I am able to get this smoker brand new in a box on a really good deal. The wife bought it for her husband and he wants nothing to do with it. If anyone has ever used one or knows anything about it, your input would really help.

http://www.kingkooker.com/detail.php?ID=158

Well..it's a basic gasser. 54K BTU's is QUITE hefty. Ought be able to grill inside that puppy. Might need a needle valve setup. Hmm Have I read any bad things in the KK units? Maybe not... but it's ringing a bell.
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

I have not heard anything bad.. Just pricey.. See if they will make you a deal..Like 200 Bones..
      Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

if you could get a good deal on it i say go for it ,i havent personally cooked on one but i know ive heard of em cant remember good or bad though,but if the deals good enough its worth a shot.now having said that i might pass it up just on the fact that it is a gasser but thats just me.
        sigpic
        GO GATORS.
        Raymond Cato
        MOJO SMOKEHOUSE BBQ TEAM.
        125 Gallon Stickburner yet to be named
        BBQ GRILLWARE STAINLESS CHARCOAL
        2 ecbs
        bbq pro offset
        18.5"WSM
        22" WSM
        22" WEBER OTS
        smoked meat member #57

Comment

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
          I have not heard anything bad.. Just pricey.. See if they will make you a deal..Like 200 Bones..
          I can get it for 300 Canadian which is like 200 US. I havent even tried barganing with the price yet.

Comment

for 200 or less i would buy it......like all the room that is in there and i would agree with richtee that would probably need a needle valve to control the heat better
            Mike
            Oklahoma City
            22.5 Generic (gettin ready to be dismantle for the Drum) Kettle Grill
            Weber 22.5 Performer
            GOSM 3405gw
            Boomer Sooner Drum
            Maverick ET-732
            Various Cast Iron Skillets and Dutch Ovens
            A-MAZE-N 6X6 Smoker

Comment

Originally posted by DIPPER887 View Post
              I can get it for 300 Canadian which is like 200 US. I havent even tried barganing with the price yet.

OK Dip... Buy it, Then send it down to Ol' T-H for a proper seasoning and a few test smokes...

I will be sure to return it back to you close as I can to original condition and give you my review..
              Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
                OK Dip... Buy it, Then send it down to Ol' T-H for a proper seasoning and a few test smokes...

I will be sure to return it back to you close as I can to original condition and give you my review..
                Always can count on you to lend a hand!!! Thanks Buddy!!!

Comment

Our farm store carries them, not a bad lookin unit, thought bout buyin one, but then started buildin a drum. Still might, would be nice in the shop fer winter use! Not a bad price compared ta the GOSM.
                  sigpic

Comment

This is the unit you bought instead of the drum?

Shame on you.

Comment

Originally posted by Bbq Bubba View Post
                      This is the unit you bought instead of the drum?

Shame on you.
                      Great deal in my neck of the woods.....the drum is just on hold for a bit.

Comment

someone mentioned the needle valve mod... the king kookers i have seen come with it already installed. is the same regulator assembly as on there turkey fryers. they do make a good product. i have one of there deep fryers.
                        Charbroil SFB
                        GOSM
                        MES
                        Dutch Ovens and other CI
                        Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
                        Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X