A surprise in the mail...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A surprise in the mail...

First I am not sure this should be in beef or general info please move if needed...

Yesterday UPS showed up with a box for me... from some where far, far away... kinda cold in the winter, that has lots of cows and tobacco...
    Inside this illustrious box were the prettiest darn peppers I have ever seen...
    Thank you again pepper faerie...
    So I had to use them right away, and I had a corned beef I needed to smoke for my lunch deliveries today...

Here they are dry roasting..

I also dry roasted a few other spices, here is the tumeric, it really changes color when it is roasted...

here are all the spices I dry roasted together..

I popped all these into the blender and voila out came a spice mix of the gods.... Named "GR-UB"
    Well I figure I will mix a couple of T into your basic rub, pap, salt, ect.. for the corned beef.. slathered with corn syrup for foundation...

Well yesterday I came across this bag of "natural mesquite charcoal" 40lbs for $12.. figure I can't go wrong... Anyone use this stuff?

Open it and the pieces are huge, like actual tree.. wow, I have hit the mother load.. yippie... well this stuff come to find out burns a whole hell of a lot longer and hotter than anything I have used... I light my baby girl up, then get one of those emergency phone calls and have to leave CB in charge... I put the corned beef on at about 220, said when it hits 230-240 close the dampers, and watch it I don't want it over 250... (mind you a house full of boys playing xbox live call of duty 5, yes right what was I thinking?) get back about 1 hour later, its at 240.. no problem.. I had a learning curve for sure using new fuel but not to bad.. the temps were maintaning at 230-240... well it just got tougher and tougher to check the temps on the meat... I pulled it at like 165... it was dry as a bone.. OMG!
    The rub was great, with a huge bite! but Im thinking CB let it run at 300+ the whole time I was gone and opened her up to drop it when i got home... she was way over done... not pictures cuz I didn't want it to have happened.... :(

So the chili was perfect, the corned beef... way toooo done!
    Thanks for letting me rant!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Cool surprise.
    SCOTT

Comment

Well... that CB...(NOT the boy..the meat) would STILL be good in chili... :{) Mesquite in either wood or charcoal form is hot burning stuff. I don't care for it, but it IS efficient.
      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Bbqgoddess View Post

Well yesterday I came across this bag of "natural mesquite charcoal" 40lbs for $12.. figure I can't go wrong... Anyone use this stuff?

Open it and the pieces are huge, like actual tree.. wow, I have hit the mother load..

I have used it Kel... Not bad stuff.. It ranks higher than the Best Choice Lump I use.. And its made by RO... I do have a call into the company about some sponsorship for future monthly contests..
        Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Sorry about the dried beef, but like Rich says, it still makes good chili.
          sigpic
          Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Glad ya liked the peppers...sorry it took me so long ta send them out to ya.

Too bad about the corned beef!!
            Originally posted by Bbqgoddess View Post
            ... not pictures cuz I didn't want it to have happened.... :(
            That's great...LOL!!
            Gene

sigpic

The Farm...
            http://gardenofeatn-rhf.blogspot.com/

Comment

well there may not be any finished product pics but you get pointsv for that spice shot.

Looks like it came from the pages of a glossy cook book :-)
              Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
              Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Working...
              X