Stufzed Elk Burgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stufzed Elk Burgers

I've been a little jealous of all you Weber grill owners, so I found one in an estate sale for $22.50. My buddy Tracey (WALLE) thought he needed a Stufz burger maker, so he ordered up an extra one for me (thanks again, Tracey). Got out about 1 1/2 pounds of ground elk to try it with. Stuffed these with chopped green chiles, mozzarella cheese, crumbled bacon, mushrooms and cheddar cheese. They were too big for a bun, so we ate them like a steak. This was the first time using the Weber, so don't laugh just because I burned a burger trying it out.

My new old Weber

I got busy and forgot to show the filling.

First one is ready.

I told you I burned one. Didn't hurt it a bit.

Cut into this and it was gooey wonderful!

Thanks for checking out my new burger stuffer thingy.
    sigpic
    Smoke Vault 24

Nice job on the elk STUFZ burger and your first roll in the hay with the Weber... burgers look excellent to me... nice work!
    --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
    www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

Nice looking stuffed burger... not burnt.... just well seared to keep the juice in.. I am sure it tasted just fine and I am sure you enjoyed it and will use it again....
      Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
      Yoder YS640
      Weber Genesis
      Weber 18.5" Kettle
      Weber Performer
      Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

We were just trying to think of the last time we BBQ'd over charcoal. Neither one of us could remember, so I'd say over 28 years. Sure gives the food a better flavor.
        sigpic
        Smoke Vault 24

Comment

dang Keith, lessee, you got the balack beauty tracy built for you, the HD grill... and now a weber... that be 3 new pieces of equipment in past little while...

interesting little gizmo there, the stufz thingy... could be fun and turn out some tastey stuff eh...

how about some for becoming cool with the new weber!
          Charbroil SFB
          GOSM
          MES
          Dutch Ovens and other CI
          Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
          Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by erain View Post
            dang Keith, lessee, you got the balack beauty tracy built for you, the HD grill... and now a weber... that be 3 new pieces of equipment in past little while...
            I'm guilty of having the black beauty and the new old Weber, but the Stok's from Home Depot is Tracey's. I almost had him pick up one for me when he bought his but thought better of it. Thanks for the points.
            sigpic
            Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Originally posted by Bassman View Post
              That is money, money and money.
              sigpic

Comment

Look really good !!!!
                BBQ catering
                Competition BBQ team
                "Practical BBQ" Author

Comment

Hot Damn!

Glad you tried it out - killer stuffing on those... and elk to boot! That HAD to be tasty.

and for FINALLY trying out that Weber!!

on edit... apparently you've been cooking too much good stuff lately... gotta hunt up another post to blow some points on....
                  Last edited by WALLE; 03-18-2012, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Man ,you are going to love that grill.youll be wondering why you waited so long
                    I gata get me one of those burger thingys
                    2-22.5'' weber
                    1-18'' weber
                    1 smokey joe
                    22.5'' wsm
                    24'' smoke vault
                    1-outhouse
                    Certified,Smoked Meat Sausage Head
                    Smoked meathead #135

Comment

Originally posted by Fourthwind View Post
                      Look really good !!!!
                      I forgot to mention that I lathered all sides of them with Patriot's rub and let the set for about 6 hours before grilling.

Tracey, it took a little figuring to get it adjusted, but being mechanically inclined, I got it! Thanks again for the stuffer, it works great.

Bill, I've had this thing for a month, just couldn't decide where to set it. I have a redwood deck, so didn't want to put it there, so opted for the opposite end of the house on the gravel.
                      Last edited by Bassman; 03-19-2012, 08:08 AM.
                      sigpic
                      Smoke Vault 24

Comment

I forgot to mention that I lathered all sides of them with Patriot's rub and let the set for about 65 hours before grilling.
                        Hmmm...... Patriot's does not have cure in it as I recall (What is Keith up to here )

Just kidding pal, the burgers look Fantastic! and nice maiden run on the new/old Weber.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                          Hmmm...... Patriot's does not have cure in it as I recall (What is Keith up to here )

Just kidding pal, the burgers look Fantastic! and nice maiden run on the new/old Weber.
                          Dammit Scott, I knew you'd catch my fat fingered slip up!
                          sigpic
                          Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Dammit Scott, I knew you'd catch my fat fingered slip up!

All In Good Fun

Just don't mess up a cheese smoke, then we will get ya good
                            sigpic

Comment

Burgers look good from here.What better way to pop your Weber Cherry than Elk
                              sigpic

Certified Sausage Head

Comment

Working...
                              X