Yellow fin tuna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yellow fin tuna

Back in October went fishing off shore on a vendor outing, it was an amazing time, ended up with about 30 lbs of yellow fin tuna 15 or 20 lbs of amber-jack and about 10 to 15 LBJ's black fin tuna. We have enjoyed lemon pepper tuna on the grill. It was good but looking for something differant...Got any ideas?? JT
    ________
    Granny Nude
    Last edited by Smoke Doc; 04-19-2011, 01:21 PM.

Not sushimi quality now I assume. Man..I love tuna that way. I don't think you can use it theat was frozen tho... do it like salmon? Enough fat I'd think.
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

This looks like it may be a winner..
      Smoky Chipotle Grilled Tuna

1/2 cup chipotle hot sauce
      2 oranges, juiced, divided
      2 limes, juiced, divided
      2 tablespoons olive oil
      4 (6-oz.) ahi ( Yellowfin ) tuna steaks
      3/4 cup olive oil
      2 tablespoons chopped peeled onion
      2 tablespoons chipotle hot sauce
      1 tablespoon brown mustard
      3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
      1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
      1/2 pound spring mix
      4 medium cooked red pototoes, sliced into 1/4-inch thick rounds
      1/2 pound green beans, trimmed and blanched
      8 ounces oil-cured olives, pitted

Whisk together 1/2 cup chipotle sauce, half the orange juice, half the lime juice and 2 tablespoons olive oil in a small bowl. Pour over tuna and marinate for 2 hours. Combine remaining 1-1/2 cups oil, onion and 2 tablespoons of chipotle sauce in a blender or food processor. Process until smooth. Add remaining orange juice, remaining lime juice, mustard, half the salt and half the pepper and process until well blended; set aside. Preheat grill. Lightly oil grill. Remove tuna from marinade and season with remaining salt and pepper; place on grill and cook, 4 to 6 minutes on each side, or until desired doneness is reached. Divide spring mix between 4 plates. Top with tuna and surround with potatoes, green beans and olives. Drizzle dressing over top and serve.
      Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Went the lemon pepper again. Just spotted the post S-M, after the clean up. Will definitely give the new recipe a go the next time. Looks like tuna again soon.
        ________
        Lovely Wendie99
        Last edited by Smoke Doc; 04-19-2011, 01:21 PM.

Comment

March is the best time of year on the east coast here for yellow and black fin tuna.............also mahi-mahi my favorite, and Iam ready to go.

Blackened and or grilled mahi-mahi is the way to go with this tender fish, then I make smoked tuna dip with the tuna using grape vines for the smoke, of course leaving some nice big slabs for the grill. I have also stuffed mahi-mahi with the tuna dip, double dose oh yea............
          20x36 BYC by Klose Modified
          36" Jenn-Air NG Grill
          22" webber
          several burners
          pool/spa (of course)
          sigpic

Comment

Not sushimi quality now I assume. Man..I love tuna that way.
            Yeah but you cure it first right ? ;-)
            Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
            Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Working...
            X