• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safety Tip #1

Safety Tip #1
    (Make Sure Your Meats Are Fully Cooked)no crocagator tartar

Cook Thoroughly
    Cook food to a safe minimum internal temperature to destroy harmful bacteria. Meat and poultry cooked on a grill often browns very fast on the outside. Use a food thermometer to be sure the food has reached a safe minimum internal temperature.

MEATS
    Cook all raw beef, pork, lamb and veal steaks, chops, and roasts to a minimum internal temperature of 145 °F as measured with a food thermometer before removing meat from the heat source. For safety and quality, allow meat to rest for at least three minutes before carving or consuming. For reasons of personal preference, consumers may choose to cook meat to higher temperatures.

GROUND MEATS
    Cook all raw ground beef, pork, lamb, and veal to an internal temperature of 160 °F as measured with a food thermometer.

POULTRY
    Cook all poultry to a safe minimum internal temperature of 165 °F as measured with a food thermometer.

NEVER partially grill meat or poultry and finish cooking later.

May help some folks, then it may not. may not be the best information or maybe the best information..
    any ways..feel free ta rip it apart or add to it. like maybe add yer meat probe after an hour on the smoker and do not watse towels it is okay to use the byrd towel to clean up then use it to clean up the beef area. anyways have fun and smoke on a clean smoker.
    sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
    nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Good idea, lots of newbies have been joining in lately and I am sure that there are some lurkers out there that can benefit as well.

One thing I do as part of my prep work is to sanitize my work area and equipment with hot water and a bleach type of solution. I do this this even if I just used the equipment the day before an cleaned it when I was done.

Comment

Looks like all good info from here!!!

Thanks for posting it, Kyote!!

Bear
      Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
      Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

This is great but I don't see ground Aligator listed... Just kidding!
        Smoke it.. and they will come!

Rob
        Recipes & Smokes in HD Video
        SmokingPit.com

Yoder YS640
        Yoder Wichita
        Arizona BBQ Outfitters Scottsdale
        Camp Chef FTG600 Flat Top Griddle
        Blackstone 22" Flat Top Griddle

Comment

Good info Kyote

This one is spot on.

Originally posted by nickelmore View Post
          One thing I do as part of my prep work is to sanitize my work area and equipment with hot water and a bleach type of solution. I do this this even if I just used the equipment the day before an cleaned it when I was done.

Comment

everyone needs a reminder now and then

great advice
            Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X