First try at Smoked Almonds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First try at Smoked Almonds

i eat alot of almonds ..being diabetic this is one love that i can still have because they are so low in carbs...the other day i was buying a bulk package of the blue diamond almonds varity pack....and i thought to myself that i betcha i could make these and be better...so here it is im giving it a shot....

first pic soaking in a brine of water , salt , brown sugar overnight

gettin ready to go on the smoker at 225 with pecan ( cliche dont you think almonds gettin smoked with pecan )

after 1.5 hr with now a mix of maple syrup and brown sugar gettin ready to go back on

closer look

and now all done and cooling off...

it looks like i added more brown sugar...i didnt when it was hot what i did was put it a bowl and stirred for 15-20 mins and as it cooled the sugar started to crysatlize
    i tasted some oh yea theyre good..now to let them sit for a day or two and then see how they taste....if they last that long i will be doing this again
    Mike
    Oklahoma City
    22.5 Generic (gettin ready to be dismantle for the Drum) Kettle Grill
    Weber 22.5 Performer
    GOSM 3405gw
    Boomer Sooner Drum
    Maverick ET-732
    Various Cast Iron Skillets and Dutch Ovens
    A-MAZE-N 6X6 Smoker

excellent.. they make some new taste almonds now washbi and soy flavor. then I believe I saw sea salt and vinegar..
    your look wonderfull.. enjoy with good company..
    sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
    nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

Nice job Mikey.....Please keep the recipe handy....gonna have to give that a try!!!

Comment

Originally posted by doctor phreak View Post
        i eat alot of almonds ..being diabetic this is one love that i can still have because they are so low in carbs...now to let them sit for a day or two and then see how they taste....if they last that long i will be doing this again

I can guarantee you'll like them and be doing them again. They are a great snack. You did a nice job.
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X