The "Whatcha' Drinkin' When BBQ'n" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "Whatcha' Drinkin' When BBQ'n" Thread

Sitting here on a Sunday afternoon waiting for the stall to end on a 7 lb pork butt, it occurred to me that a good many of us enjoy a nice adult beverage while doing a smoke.

Right now I am enjoying a nice brew on tap. A 1/2 barrel from a brewery down in Tucson, Nimbus Nut Brown Ale... Good stuff.
    As a backup right now I also have on tap a 1/6 barrel of Stone Brewing Arrogant Bastard.

If it were a Fri. or Sat. night I might partake of a nice Capt. & Coke or a Margarita. Alas, I have to work tomorrow.

So, What's your favorite while BBQ'n? Whatcha' drinkin right now?

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
    Paul

Sun Tea Sweet!
    Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Nuttin in the smoker but I got Yeingling in the frige and Cruzan Rum in the...glass!!!!
      Mark
      sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
      Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Usually busch light and on occasion appleton rum reserve and coke. Gonna crack one open real soon!
        sigpic

Comment

Rum and Diet Coke...
          --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
          www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

Drinkin Michelob Ultra right now. Not my fave, but tryin to cut back on some cals

Comment

I don't drink, but when I do it's typically Busch Light as the main fridge stocker, Miller Lite....... Trippel, Duvel & other Belgium style ales are my true favorites...... Vodka in Ginger Ale, or any mixer really, Crown, Pendleton, R & R.

Miller High Life Light right now with a fridge full of Busch Light. Kinda found out I like a Miller High Life after not drinking one for probably 20 years.
              sigpic

Comment

Red Stag on the rocks

Comment

Go with beer... all kinds of beer and more beer. I am not married to one particular brand or flavor... I pretty much like them all!! I also like to drink the ever popular Arnold Palmer... 1/2 sweet tea 1/2 Lemon aid!! Home brew tea and lemon aid makes it over the top if you ask me!!
                  Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
                  Yoder YS640
                  Weber Genesis
                  Weber 18.5" Kettle
                  Weber Performer
                  Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                    I don't drink much, but when I do it's typically Busch Light as the main fridge stocker, Miller Lite....... Trippel, Duvel & other Belgium style ales are my true favorites...... Vodka in Ginger Ale, or any mixer really, Crown, Pendleton, R & R.

Miller High Life Light right now with a fridge full of Busch Light. Kinda found out I like a Miller High Life after not drinking one for probably 20 years.
                    Mark
                    sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                    Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Nice thread. I run Bud Light in my tapster, always have it on hand and it works for me. Whenever I have company over, my kids, friends, family, what have you, it's a beer everyone doesn't mind drinking. With that said however, and more times than not, I've been known to enhance my drinking pleasure a tad with the likes of some Red Stag, Old Grandad, or if I'm really lucky some Grey Goose. Just don't tell my better half tho, she be believin' it's just Bud Light that gets me a goin'.. Shhhhh..
                      Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
                      My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
                      @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

I rarely drink beer anymore but when I do it is usually Yuengling or some Magic Hat.
                        Drink of choice is vodka and sweet tea but when I'm smoking meat I'm almost always smoking some green as well, and I ain't talkin about green wood
                        There is a cure...http://phoenixtears.ca/

sigpic

Comment

When I am actually working the Q I drink water or Iced tea(unsweetened) I am clumsy enough and alcohol hits me hard. I don't want to start a fire....again. When I am eating Q I like Miller High Life, or a Widmer Hef!

Comment

well since i have not drank an adult beverage in almost 18 years... i normally drink decaf iced tea using splenda as a sweetener
                            Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

Who told you that I drink...........
                              Craig
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X