My first beef ribs w/ some chix too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first beef ribs w/ some chix too

These are my first beef ribs rubbed with Kelly's Java rub. Rubbed the night before.

4 chix brined 12 hours and relaxed about 6 hrs. 2 rubbed with Kelly's 3 Martinis and a jacuzzi rub and the other 2 with a commercial rub... The chix are in the small warming oven/smoker above the fire box on my reverse flow.

The smoker in action...my latest addition to the smoker accessories are the fire extinguishers on the tool box lid. I don't really expect to have a problem with fire...thought they looked cool

The ribs were smoked using the foil method 3-2-1 in the main tank area of the smoker. These were smoked directly on the rack...I usually use a rib rack to save room. I wanted the mop to puddle on the ribs...so no rack. mopped with a basic beer mop beer,cider vinegar,onions, jalapenos, garlic etc. Smoked at no more than 235* over Olive and mostly mesquite.

Foil method worked wonders....not the algebraic one..lol

Chix after 4.5 hrs at approx. 300* skin was great also smoked with mainly mesquite. relaxed and going to the knife

Carved up all 4 and man these chix are the shiznit! I could eat this daily

We also grilled some pineapple basted with real maple syrup and butter both sides. Grilled med. heat about 5 min each side till ya get the grill marks. Drizzle the remaining syrup and butter on when serving. 1 serv. 1/4 cup maple syrup (not the pancake kind) and 3 tbs. butter. melt butter and combine. I doubled this. woo hoo good stuff
    Thanks for checkin' out my smoke!!
    Kelly your rubs rock thanks again!!
    Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Wow Ry,
    What a feast!!!! Everything looks yummy!!

Your first dinos! congrats! how did you like them compared to the piggies? I have not tried that rub on ribs, do tell was it good?

I love the addition of the fire extengishers to Erin, she looks great! You had good weather too yesterday, it doesn't look windy at all. We were out in Riverside yesterday and it was a tad windy...
    Thanks for the my brother from another mother! see ya in 19 days!!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Looks awesome. Not a big fan of mesquite, except on chix. Got some going in yet today.

The pineapple is great isn't it? I make it on the grill several times a summer. I just sprinkle it with brown sugar and sear it. My 4 yr old grandson will fight ya for it. Lol.
      S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
      CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
      New Braunfels Bandera
      UniFlame Gas Grill
      Lil Chief

Comment

Wow!
        Nice spread there Honky.
        Ribs are lookin real nice.
        Moist chicken and the pineapple finish.

Nice job.

Comment

nice lookin dinos, along with the rest of the spread!!! all looks super..... also that pineapple/maple syrup/butter looks like something to try. thks for sharing bud!!! for a great smoke!!!
          Charbroil SFB
          GOSM
          MES
          Dutch Ovens and other CI
          Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
          Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Awesome job Honkey, Looks like food fit for a .captain!

Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Dan View Post
              Awesome job Honkey, Looks like food fit for a .captain!

and a grasshopper...

unk, those viddles are mighty fine lookin table fare. if any one leaves any meat on the bones...shame on them.
              sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
              nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

Thank you everyone for the kind words and the points! I have found that we may just like the beef ribs a tad more than the pork ribs. Although pork is still great
                Kelly your java rub worked extremely well on those ribs. They complimented one another. Perfect flavors
                Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
                Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle-Honky View Post
                  Foil method worked wonders....not the algebraic one..lol
                  Heh... that's funny! Well, to me anyway...

Nice lookin' food. Really dig the ribs... those things are Sooo good!
                  In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                  Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                  Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Man those ribs look awesome............... Gotta try me some of those pineapples.

Nice looking rig you got there also.... yea the fire extinguishers looks cool.
                    20x36 BYC by Klose Modified
                    36" Jenn-Air NG Grill
                    22" webber
                    several burners
                    pool/spa (of course)
                    sigpic

Comment

Great lookin beefies!! Chicken looks good too...real nice job there Ryan!!
                      Gene

sigpic

The Farm...
                      http://gardenofeatn-rhf.blogspot.com/

Comment

Man O Man! That look's great!
                        Sunset Eagle Aviation
                        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Looking good. Those beef ribs look great, nice pullback from the bone. Chicken and pineapple got me drooling too!
                          KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

those ribs do look extra edible :-)
                            Something else you just can't get over here - I bbq'd some last time I was in the states, they do cook up a treat.

Love the smoker - makes old optimus prime look a bit small :-)
                            Fresh pineapple usually gives me mouth ulcers - hows it fare ulcer wise cooked that way ?
                            Certainly sounds and looks good enough to risk the ulcers lol
                            Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                            Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

I don't think I would do beefies that long. That said, they do look great

Comment

Working...
                              X