Did some cold water fish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did some cold water fish

It was salmon two nice shoulder fillets.

I burned some pecan wood to coals, threw them on a grill/smoker that is deep in the coal area. put a piece of foil on the cookin grates just enough to lay de cold water fish on.

now in the kitchen I took those fillets and washed them off patted dry and layed em on a cookin sheet. brushed em with pecan oil on both side of the cold water fish. then some course seawater salt went on the not skin side, the skin side was going to go toward the coals. any ways, then some fine ground black pepper went on with some lemon zest and juice. layed those puppies on the grill closed the lid vents shut. the gauge was at 200 when they hit the cookin grates. and slowly went up in temp, you could see tbs comin out the little cracks, nuks and rat holes in the grill.smellin and lookin fantastic. at least the three dawgs thought so, the big chocalate one tried to pee on the grill tires two times at least.
    the fillets stayed on for 15 minutes then straight to my plate. It was good,no real dam good. had sweet and sour cole slaw, and american fries.
    another fine dining wonder at the kyotes den. pics to follow.
    sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
    nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Originally posted by Kyote View Post
    another fine dining wonder at the kyotes den. pics to follow.
    that whistle smiley really gets me Bill... you just need to hire a photographer and someone to handle your threads and post dem pitures... sure sounds good though, some good jamaican rum and brown sugar added in the mix somewhere wuddabinawesome too! really really wish i could see dem pics dere Bill...
    Charbroil SFB
    GOSM
    MES
    Dutch Ovens and other CI
    Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
    Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

They look really nice
      sigpic

Comment

man oh man, your photography skills are only surpassed by rich

it all sounds like a grand meal, so pass a plate this way my friend
        Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

I knowed I can smelz em...Sho wished the salad bitch was done so we could eat!
          Sunset Eagle Aviation
          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Cuell!!
            Mark
            sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
            Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Reminds me of a cooking show on the radio.....
              Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Comment

Originally posted by IrishChef View Post
                Reminds me of a cooking show on the radio.....

Now That's Funny!!!

Bear
                Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Working...
                X