Mojo Bricks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mojo Bricks

I have been playing with them for a while now and I am very impressed and will be my go to product from now on. Here is the site check them out.
    http//:mojobricks.com

Authorized Humphrey Smoker Dealer

I dunno...kinda hard for me to justify buying compressed sawdust...I know what is in that cherry log that I just split.

It never fails that the manufacturers dump in all kinds of filler wood and then add some of the flavor wood that they are selling it as. I'm skeptical that it's going to replace wood in my arsenal.
    BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
    Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
    I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

I went to Mojo Bricks website and could not find any info on cost, what kind of pricing do you offer?
      --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
      www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

MossyMo,
        If you click into their webstore, they've got pricing.

Comment

Originally posted by BBQ Engineer View Post
          I dunno...kinda hard for me to justify buying compressed sawdust...I know what is in that cherry log that I just split.

It never fails that the manufacturers dump in all kinds of filler wood and then add some of the flavor wood that they are selling it as. I'm skeptical that it's going to replace wood in my arsenal.
          I am very confident on the quality of these I am pretty picky whern it come to my smoking products when I get some in i will gladly send out s few samples. I dont have my pricing thought out yet should be set in a week or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokenit View Post
            I am very confident on the quality of these I am pretty picky whern it come to my smoking products when I get some in i will gladly send out s few samples. I dont have my pricing thought out yet should be set in a week or so.
            I'm sure they are good, and let me be clear...I hope you sell the shit outta them and can bank enough coin to retire early.

I'm just saying that things aren't always what they are marketed as. Same with the compressed sawdust pellet industry. That hickory pellet is probably more oak or alder than hickory. The fact that they don't say what is in the MOJO is a flag for me. The mild aroma also may mean that it is more oak than apple or cherry or whatever flavor. In my book, oak is for heat, the flavor woods are for flavor. Check out this discussion and the posts by Tjohnson...he has established a great reputation as a knowledgeable source of info on the compressed wood market.

http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19385
            Last edited by BBQ Engineer; 04-27-2012, 01:01 PM.
            BBQ Eng.

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

I have spoken with Todd at great length about the whole deal with this stuff. I greatly appreciate your imput and views on it all and I was skeptical at first as well. His Oak,Cherry,Hickory and Maple is all 100% same species.I will continue to put it though its pases on many diffrent smoker throught the seeson.

Comment

Smokenit, I didn't mean to be all "Debbie Downer" about this...In fact I will be glad to purchase some and test it out in my insulated cabinet once you get a supply in. I'm all about a good experiment in the name of tasty brisket, and I'd be happy to give an unbiased and honest assessment. let me know when you get some in...Might be the cats meow in my smaller cabinet...just use chunks in that for flavor wood.
                BBQ Eng.

Comment

dana it quite specifically states:
                  All-natural, 100% specific species hardwood, compressed, cut and made into easy to use blocks.
                  The first recycled cooking wood that is contributing to making your food taste great!
                  No coal, fillers or chemicals! NONE - ZERO ZIP- NO BINDER means better tasting bbq!
                  That shit is legally binding.

so no fillers or glue.
                  hell with a strong enough pneumatic ram you don't need that crap anyway.
                  Client of mine with a huge woodworking shop makes compressed fire bricks out of their waste sawdust. Smart little machine that does it. And it's just highly compressed sawdust.
                  Unfortunately it tends to be oak but with some mixed exotic woods in their so no good for smoking with.

So how big are these blocks and how long does each one burn.
                  Looking at the site it's $8.99 for 12 blocks.
                  That looks pretty expensive to me they'd need to smoke for a helluva long time to justify that kind of cost.
                  Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                  Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

I've bolded a few things that strike me as amusing from their website.

AN EARTH FRIENDLY ALTERNATIVE FOR COOKING OR HEATING

RENEWABLE - SUSTAINABLE - FLAVORFUL

Cook with Mojobricks Grilling Wood for Smoke Flavor and Get;

All-natural, 100% specific species hardwood, compressed, cut and made into easy to use blocks.

The first recycled cooking wood that is contributing to making your food taste great!

No coal, fillers or chemicals! NONE - ZERO ZIP- NO BINDER means better tasting bbq!

Cooks in flavor better than regular briquettes (it’s what the professionals use but easy enough to use - anyone can do it!)

No soaking – no prep- simply place it on hot coals and cook!

The BigMista Says So, Don't Disappoint BigMista! Visit our video section for more info how to use and have fun cooking over wood MOJOBRICKStm
                    Can't the same be said for wood chunks?? Why would someone buy these instead of a bag of wood chunks from a site like http://www.barbecuewood.com

I'm not trying to be a downer either. I just don't see the advantage.

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
                    That shit is legally binding.
                    Alex, you're so cute.

Companies make false claims all the time.

Besides that, without some kind of lubricant, how do they get them out of the molds?

Dave
                    CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
                    UDS 1.0
                    Afterburner
                    Weber Performer
                    Blue Thermapen
                    Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
                    Thermoworks Chef Alarm
                    Auber Smoker Controller
                    Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
                    -
                    "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

Originally posted by DDave View Post
                      I've bolded a few things that strike me as amusing from their website.

Can't the same be said for wood chunks?? Why would someone buy these instead of a bag of wood chunks from a site like http://www.barbecuewood.com

I'm not trying to be a downer either. I just don't see the advantage.

Alex, you're so cute.

Companies make false claims all the time.

Besides that, without some kind of lubricant, how do they get them out of the molds?

Dave
                      ADVANTAGE goes to MR. & Mrs. Mojo's bankaccount......
                      Don..

2 of me best buds ever! R.I.P guys

Comment

The large bricks are about the size of a brick and the cubes roughly 3by3 as for burn times i haven't used them in all cookers but in my Backwoods almost 50% longer and I am carrying 100lbs less wood around to comps.This is what I know after 15yrs are playing around with this. These have stepped my game up at comps and have made my job a lot easier in the wood dept. They may not be for all and if you have something that is working for you than great but these have a place in the competition world if thats what your into.
                        Last edited by Smokenit; 04-28-2012, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokenit View Post
                          The large bricks are about the size of a brick and the cubes roughly 3by3 as for burn times i haven't used them in all cookers but in my Backwoods almost 50% longer and I am carrying 100lbs less wood around to comps.This is what I know after 15yrs are playing around with this. These have stepped my game up at comps and have mad my job alot easier in the wood dept.
                          Now THAT makes a lot more sense than all the eco-friendly blather on their website.

Dave
                          CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
                          UDS 1.0
                          Afterburner
                          Weber Performer
                          Blue Thermapen
                          Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
                          Thermoworks Chef Alarm
                          Auber Smoker Controller
                          Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
                          -
                          "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

Well, anyone have a update on this product, I saw some ECO bricks in Tractor Supply today and picked up a bundle to try out.
                            Smokin' in the valley! God bless the USA!!

Comment

Well my comp season is pretty much done and i used nothing but mojo cherry and oak with outstanding results. Peach apple and pecan will be out shortly and i will want the large bricks for my use and will also stock them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Working...
                              X