Great American BBQ Comp in Kansas City KS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great American BBQ Comp in Kansas City KS

Is anybody competing in or going to the Great American BBQ in Kansas City KS May 23 & 24?
    sigpic

Dave, I'll be there on the 22nd to take the KCBS judge certification class. Then it's over to Burdick, Ks to pick up something very special.

Tom

Comment

Well Gunny enjoy yourself at the class. Whats going on in Burdick these days? Talking about small town USA. I was there once a long time ago, what is it, about 4 streets in the town or something like that? I remember it is out west and south of Manhatten out in flatland. Went through there tornado chasing in my more stupid days of youth.

Ya'll get any weather down there at your house? It all passed far to our south and southeast here. Great scenery at susnset of the clouds.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by davidmcg View Post
        Well Gunny enjoy yourself at the class. Whats going on in Burdick these days? Talking about small town USA. I was there once a long time ago, what is it, about 4 streets in the town or something like that? I remember it is out west and south of Manhatten out in flatland. Went through there tornado chasing in my more stupid days of youth.

Ya'll get any weather down there at your house? It all passed far to our south and southeast here. Great scenery at susnset of the clouds.
        Yeah, we got weather. It's almost like an every day or night thing anymore. Most are numb to it. And that's deadly.

I never planned to take that class, but decided it would be the best way to see what others are doing during these comps. Not that I want to see so I can copy, but I'd be interested in seeing the chaos and conflict.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
          Yeah, we got weather. It's almost like an every day or night thing anymore. Most are numb to it. And that's deadly.

I never planned to take that class, but decided it would be the best way to see what others are doing during these comps. Not that I want to see so I can copy, but I'd be interested in seeing the chaos and conflict.

Chaos and conflict your killing me. Well it will definitely give some insight in how they think.

I hear ya on the numbness to the weather. more coming tomorrow. Looks like they are all saying East Kansas and central Mo are all in the moderate threat for tornadoes and big hail again tomorrow afternoon and night. Glad I don't have wheat in the ground. Hail right now would be a real downer man. Ever seen what softball size hail does to a cow. Ain't pretty, worse for calves, turns a calf into hamburger right there in the pasture.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X