1 small onion, finely chopped
    1/2 cup olive or vegetable oil
    1/2 teaspoon sugar
    1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
    1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/2 pound bacon
    Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Place shrimp in plastic bag; set in bowl. For marinade, in small bowl, combine onion, oil, sugar, cayenne pepper, salt, oregano, and garlic powder. Pour marinade over shrimp; close bag. Marinate shrimp 3 hours in refrigerator, turning occasionally.

Cut bacon slices into halves lengthwise, then crosswise. In large skillet, partially cook bacon. Drain on paper toweling. Drain shrimp; reserve marinade. Wrap bacon strips around shrimp and secure with wooden picks. Place shrimp in wire grill basket or on 12x9-inch piece of heavy-duty foil. (If using foil, puncture foil in several places.)

Grill shrimp, on uncovered grill, over medium-hot any type charcoal 6 minutes or until bacon and shrimp are done, turning basket or individual shrimp once and basting with marinade.
    Last edited by Kyote; 05-14-2009, 10:08 AM.
    sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
    nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

You sure only Kingsford charcoal will work? ;{)
    Sounds tasty tho... similar to my treatment for the shrimpies. Never used oregano tho, just go with Old Bay usually.
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Kyote, you need to throw a piece of slice jalapeno in there as well
      Pete
      Large BGE
      Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
        You sure only Kingsford charcoal will work? ;{)
        Sounds tasty tho... similar to my treatment for the shrimpies. Never used oregano tho, just go with Old Bay usually.
        lol, I changed the coal to any type for ya..It came off the kingsford site and looked better then the rest I found. never have done shrimp like that. but will try. and ole bay is pretty good stuff. at the fire house used to sprinkle it on massive quanitys of pop corn with a bunch of ground hot chilis. the guys loved it.

Abelman,,, Kyote, you need to throw a piece of slice jalapeno in there as well

blaaahaaha..I would not think I would have to throw that in there for a fellow pepper head. I have so many types of smoked ground peppers. I always throw a spoon in every thing, are so it seems. But no one wants to eat it with that much heat..lol. I always have left overs.

we have to keep it sane for the none fire eaters..

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

sounds good, oregeano good stuff too... although if you ever come up with your flame thrower version would like to see that one!!! love hot shrimps!!! even scampi, the hotter the better!!! thks for sharing
          Charbroil SFB
          GOSM
          MES
          Dutch Ovens and other CI
          Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
          Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Where???

Comment

WHEN???
              Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Comment

HUH????
                20x36 BYC by Klose Modified
                36" Jenn-Air NG Grill
                22" webber
                several burners
                pool/spa (of course)
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bbq Bubba View Post
                  Where???
                  LOL, I think you know what he means!

Do ya see a pic?
                  Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Comment

I need q-view. Please post pics. Some of us live for the q-view.
                    SCOTT

Comment

Yummmoh!!!! Need to try this. Thanks for sharing.
                      Ron

Weber Smokey Mountain
                      GOSM x 2
                      Vermont Casting Grill
                      Black Thermapen (only color available in these parts)

Comment

you need a camera my friend...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jbchoice1 View Post
                          you need a camera my friend...
                          you folks are ruff on a feller. Okay..when I get my cameraits more then likely to turn into something like every thing else I do. OVER KILL.
                          along with breathing, eating and useing the rest room now I have to do this to???
                          I must admit I have a cell phone. and I only have it because I have to in order to hunt on certain areas of the state. I lost my other cell in jan of this year during the move to my new home. ( it might show up) it took two years to learn to use it where I got every thing out of it. (answer, dial and hang up, lol)
                          this new one they sent for free is fireman proof as far as destorying it. it bounces, water resistent (there is a big diff between proof and resistent I have found out) takes nuclear radation, don't have ta throw it away after a haz mat incident. I can launch missile against my enemies, shake a martini, take pics, talk to my computer, text, blue tooth (Must been named by some one in arkansaw are it would have been named blue teeth) shoot videos I think it might even hold and fire a large caliber bullet. and shave me.

waaaaaay to much crap for me...I took it to the geeks and said put my home phone in it and the various le agency's in the area and show me how to call with it and answer.they did and the guy kept trying to show me how the other crap worked till I took out my bench made and started cleaning my nails and said if you ask to show me any more crap other then I ask ya ta do I might slip and stick ya. we finished up mighty fast after that.

Comment

Well my marinade is much simpler: just butter, garlic, lemon juice and cbp.
                            But here's a pic for you lot of bacon wrapped shrimp and scallops wot I did this weekend.

OKay it's not the one's kyote did - but I'll loan it to ya ;-)
                            Can't have a fella gettin' all het up about not having pics can we
                            Attached Files
                            Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                            Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

ca yours look good.
                              here are mine finaly..lol

027.jpg

028.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X