Cheesecake on a Yoder?! Hell yes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheesecake on a Yoder?! Hell yes!

Let me start by saying that since my wife came to this country, she has developed 2 weaknesses. 1 being cheesecake and the other is blueberries. Put them together and she is one happy Filipino. So, I figured I would give it a try on my Yoder.
    First, I cleaned my grill REALLY good, and put a very low flavor pellet in the hopper. I used maple, but I think oak would be ok too.

Take 1 package of graham crackers and 1 tsp. cinnamon in a food processor and grind them up until fine. Then add 4 Tbl. melted butter and mix well. Next, evenly distribute the graham crumbs into four 5 inch spring form pans.

Next, combine in a mixer... 15 oz. package of ricotta cheese, a 8 oz. package of cream cheese, 2 eggs, 1 cup sugar, 1/2 cup flour, 1 1/2 tbl. vanilla and 1/2 tsp. almond extract. Beat them until chunks are small.

Next, put in a wire wisk and and whip the mixture until it is creamy.

Now pour the mixture into your spring form pans making sure it is evenly distributed.

Preheat your grill to 300*, and place the cheesecake on the top rack. I had mine spaced too far apart, be sure to put them closer together so they cook more evenly.

Bake them for about 1 hour and they are done. Open the lid and turn off your grill. They cheesecake will have a ever-so-slight shine to it. Slide the cheesecake to the left side of the rack nearest the pellet hopper. The wall of the grill and the top grate still have some heat to them. Wait 10 minutes before you remove the cheesecake...at that time they will be completely baked.

Bring them inside and let them cool.

Cover them with your pie filling of choice and put them in the fridge.

Final product tasted great!
    Mark

Homemade 22 year old "Pro-smoker"
    Yoder YS640
    Smoke daddy
    100% Lumberjack pellets

they look AWESOME got to give ya some
    A Good Day is Outdoor Cookin and Drinkin Home Brew
    Homemade Barrel offset smoker/Grill
    55 gal UDS/BADS
    30 Gal UDS/BADS
    Weber 22.5 Kettle Grill
    about 8 other grills???
    BBQ Guru DigiQ DX2 temp control

Comment

Cheesecake and blueberries go together like me and the UPS man. Dude, those look awesome. I make a lot of cheesecakes and ca't wait for me blueberries to get ready. Haven't thought aboot cooking them on the smoker. Maybe on the Traeger? Your wife is one lucky lady! Have some

Comment

Oh hell yeah!! that looks great.... I notice you made three.... so that means I get one!! Great smoken man!!
        Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
        Yoder YS640
        Weber Genesis
        Weber 18.5" Kettle
        Weber Performer
        Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Very nice, your wife has to be one happy gal this weekend!
          I have been contemplating a bread type baking project for the Yoder, cheese cake is an awesome idea!
          --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
          www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

for you bro for such a tasty Yoder cooked treat!

for you again for having such damn clean cooking grates and leaving me with grate envy!
            Smoke it.. and they will come!

Rob
            Recipes & Smokes in HD Video
            SmokingPit.com

Yoder YS640
            Yoder Wichita
            Arizona BBQ Outfitters Scottsdale
            Camp Chef FTG600 Flat Top Griddle
            Blackstone 22" Flat Top Griddle

Comment

damn, was just about to give you some - but then you went and made them uneatable with the almond essence :-)
              But then I just swapped it for vanilla extract and we were good again

Hell i even have a bunch of those cake tins (poundshop does them :-)

Little mini cheesecakes - these are definitely on the menu :-) Betcha they'd freeze well too.
              Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
              Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

[QUOTE=

for you again for having such damn clean cooking grates and leaving me with grate envy! [/QUOTE]

I'm sorry man, I'm not trying to make anyone look bad with the grill being clean. I'm just anal that way. You can walk onto my porch at anytime and that Yoder is television commercial clean.
                Mark

Homemade 22 year old "Pro-smoker"
                Yoder YS640
                Smoke daddy
                100% Lumberjack pellets

Comment

for the balls to try something so crazy like cheesecake on the smoker, and for a great looking finished product
                  There is a cure...http://phoenixtears.ca/

sigpic

Comment

Oh Yea! You are rocking it.
                    sigpic
                    BBQr's Delight pellets
                    Bear Mountain BBQ pellets

Comment

Nice work...Love some cheesecake
                      I made a berry cobbler on me stickburner once...That was good...
                      Craig
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X