Crater Lake pepper infused vodka

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crater Lake pepper infused vodka

Was over on the dry side of the mountains this weekend and stopped by Bend Distillery on the way home.

Got some samples of some really good small batch vodkas.

My favorite was the pepper infused vodka. If you like it spicy you'd like this stuff.

Straight out of the bottle it's pretty hot. My wife put the flavors as "it's like eating a good piece of pepper jack cheese". Has a real nice flavor and heat level too it.

I had a mixed drink made with it. Forgot what it was called, but it was mango juice, muddled lime and the pepper vodka. Was awesome! The sweet from the mango tamed down the heat, but left a nice tingle on the finish.

Came home with a fifth of it.

Thinking it'd be pretty good in a marinade or sauce too.

They just went through a rebranding to rename everything under the Crater Lake name, so some of the names on the website are still old, but it's all the same stuff, just new labels and names.

http://www.bendistillery.com/
    Mike
    Life In Pit Row

Nice. I would like to try some of that pepper vodka...bet it would absolutely make a bloody mary.

I was in the bend airport one time waiting for my ride home, and picked up a bottle of wine at the gift shop from the Mountain View winery there in Bend. I am not kidding, it was one of the best bottles of wine I've ever had. I called them directly and ordered up 2 cases sent to my house in Colorado. No kidding, it came with the invoice packed in one of the boxes. Trustworthy people...and killer wine.
    Last edited by BBQ Engineer; 05-07-2012, 03:36 PM.
    BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
    Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
    I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Sounds goood...
      I have made my own by putting dried peppers into a bottle of good vodka and letting it set for a couple weeks...Tried with fresh...Not a good idea...
      Craig
      sigpic

Comment

There are a lot of really goof vodkas and gins coming out of newer distilleries in Oregon these days. 12 bridges makes some good stuff and Old Tom distillery has bourbon barrel aged gin that is wicked awesome. Crater lake IMO is way better than Grey Goose as a good medium oily vodka and like half the cost. Good find my friend
        If you're lucky enough to be Irish, then your lucky enough.

Comment

I'm on fer a Bottle er 9!
          Sunset Eagle Aviation
          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Working...
          X