Smoked Turkey part 2 and 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoked Turkey part 2 and 3

Got this bird at 42 yards DRT, took about 45min to get him called up after we seen him a couple hundred yards out

Got this 1 at 59yrds DRT, the same afternoon as the top 1,this 1 needed a video camera, PRICLESS as to us screwing around with the calls, another guy jacken around with his blind, as I said "Hey look"BOOOMMM.
    My food WAS a vegaterian!!
    Death Row Outfitters

Nice job Buzz. Lucky boy aintcha!!
    Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Comment

wow dude...........you going to smoke one of them for the gathering?

that would be SO kewl !

never had wild turkey before

let us not cry because we lost someone, but let us smile because we enjoyed their company for what time was allowed us!

Comment

btw, which one was the biggest in weight?

let us not cry because we lost someone, but let us smile because we enjoyed their company for what time was allowed us!

Comment

actully, those 2 both went 21-9 and had 9 1/2" beards with 1 1/4-1 1/2 spurs, that bird I shot 2 weeks ago mussta bred him self down, he was only around 17# with rounded off spurs and a 10" beard.

Ya i'm bringen at least 1 turkey, probly bring some goose also, cuz I know you will be going home with a emptybeer cooler
          My food WAS a vegaterian!!
          Death Row Outfitters

Comment

Originally posted by smokebuzz View Post
            actully, those 2 both went 21-9 and had 9 1/2" beards with 1 1/4-1 1/2 spurs, that bird I shot 2 weeks ago mussta bred him self down, he was only around 17# with rounded off spurs and a 10" beard.

Ya i'm bringen at least 1 turkey, probly bring some goose also, cuz I know you will be going home with a emptybeer cooler

Ouch!!!..

Good shooting Buzz... 20# plus is some nice birds.. Enjoy your harvest.. Looking forward to your Q-Shots of the bird smoke....
            Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

nice job...

sigpic

Comment

Excellent! We normally deep fry our wild birds. I smoked one once years ago and it was so dry, it was hardly edible. That was before I learned about brine and bacon though.
                Be sure to post the smoked birds.

Tom

Comment

Working...
                X