pulled the trigger on ys640

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pulled the trigger on ys640

Well I couldn't stand it any longer, it should be here by thur. or fri. Also got pecan, cherry, oak, and maple. gonna make my own 2nd grate. Put an amns on the same order and saved shipping.

My oldest son says he has first dibs on my premo

Oh you will be very very happy!! I just love my Yoder!! Good luck!! Go get yourself some bacon and have at it!! If you have any question feel free to ask!!
    Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
    Yoder YS640
    Weber Genesis
    Weber 18.5" Kettle
    Weber Performer
    Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Jealous here....
      sigpic

Comment

got the bacon in the fridge, read on hear awhile back, to season or break it in with that.

Comment

Cool,From all the reports they are a solid unit
          sigpic

Certified Sausage Head

Comment

I love any Yoder. Nice purchase...looking forward to some pics

Comment

Yep love it so much I Just purchased another one for my pops, and got the competition cart for my old one ..... Can't wait to bolt it on. Let me tell you these things are built like a tank, trust me I know first hand after my fell off my trailer. I was smoking briskest and chicken two hours later. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
              Lang 60" deluxe
              Yoder YS640
              Masterbuilt 30"
              Masterbuilt 40"

Comment

I hope you enjoy your new Yoder.
                sigpic
                BBQr's Delight pellets
                Bear Mountain BBQ pellets

Comment

I am as excited as hell for ya, you will love it!
                  Warning: Opening up the crate and lifting the the lid is quite impressive for the first time... I am serious when I say this...
                  --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
                  www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

That's a sexy smoker, you're gonna love it
                    There is a cure...http://phoenixtears.ca/

sigpic

Comment

Yes defenitely great smoker I have had minor heat issues with mine but the guys at Yoder (namely Joe) really know the unit and are all about some good customer service. They fixed any issue I had/have and are very responsive. I am smoking a turkey this weekend on mine gonna be fun

Comment

Originally posted by cowleyms View Post
                        Yes defenitely great smoker I have had minor heat issues with mine but the guys at Yoder (namely Joe) really know the unit and are all about some good customer service. They fixed any issue I had/have and are very responsive. I am smoking a turkey this weekend on mine gonna be fun
                        What ended up being the problem? Easy fix?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
                        Lang 60" deluxe
                        Yoder YS640
                        Masterbuilt 30"
                        Masterbuilt 40"

Comment

Congrats you will love it!! Order the grill grates if you didn't already. They are a MUST HAVE!!!
                          Where to Shop -
                          www.OwensBBQ.com

Follow Tatonka Dust on Facebook -
                          https://www.facebook.com/TatonkaDust

Comment

I wondered about the grill grates, I"ll probably regret not getting them. Just seemed kinda high if your just making marks with them. Do you think they add flavor?

Comment

Pyroman,

The Problem was the fan in the hopper was running a Higher CFM than it should have been. Joe over at Yoder sent me a new fan and its like a totally new smoker. I have to play with it some more to see how to dial it in right.. I am still playing with it. I did a biscuit test the other day and everything ran smooth maybe a 10* heat difference all the way across the grate and even on top. All the biscuits were done at the same time and on top of that I only had one minor burned one in the far back right corner of the smoker. All in All super impressed with the efficiency of this smoker and the Customer Service of Joe at Yoder. He was patient with me even though I hounded him for a few days I know I made him have more gray hair but hey they got it done. Anyway I am doing a Pork Loin and a Turkey on Friday I will let you guys know the results of course. I have the Pork Brining Now and I am going Brine the Turkey when I get home from work today.

As far as the Grill grates go I have a set I havent even used yet. I dont even see me using them, but I got them because people said you will love them Pffft I have a gasser that I use for that LOL Oh well it is what it is. Maybe Ill just sell em

Comment

Working...
                              X