Drink of the week...The Tipsy Arnold Palmer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drink of the week...The Tipsy Arnold Palmer

Last year we were lounging at the neighbor's pool, and a couple of the ladies disappeared into the house. They brought us out some Iced tea and lemonade...I have to say it was incredibly delicious and refreshing. It was also made with some of the new sweet tea vodka that is out...and if you like sweet tea, I will tell you that you have to try this stuff. It is simply incredible! No kidding, this is one of my new favorite summer time drinks.

This drink will also sneak up on ya...it is that good that you can really pound it down...so be careful.

I bought Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka, but there are a bunch of different brands out there. This stuff is really delicious...this was a new bottle yesterday afternoon.

Here are the ingredients...an Arnold Palmer is Tea and Lemonade, so I'll call this a Tipsy Arnold Palmer for lack of a better name.

The vodka is potent and concentrated with tea flavor, so about a 1/4 tea to 3/4 Lemonade will make it look like this, and this may be a little strong for some.

Fill that glass up with ice, and thoroughly enjoy!
    BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
    Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
    I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Dammit... I'm still on the wagon..
    Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

looks yummy!! will add to the cabinet!
      Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
      Yoder YS640
      Weber Genesis
      Weber 18.5" Kettle
      Weber Performer
      Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

I love me some tea and lemonade! The Arnold Palmer is big around these parts for obvious reasons. The golf course I worked for made it with homemade lemonade and unsweet tea (sweet tea made it way too sweet). I have no problem adding vodka to it. You rock Dana.

Comment

That sounds like it would be great!
          Never seen that kind of vodka before but bet it's good enough to sip on.
          There is a cure...http://phoenixtears.ca/

sigpic

Comment

Around here one can walk into a bar and order a John Daly. Vodka mixed with Arnold Palmer ice tea/lemonade sold in cans at every convenience store. A local rich guy that owns a chain of lumber supply stores took a liking to Daly. Even has/had the John Daly open on his course and paid him big bucks just to hang around the place. They started serving the drink there and it caught on. Don't know if the drink really originated there or not but that is the legend. Same rich guy paid Kenny Rogers 25k to sing one song at his wedding. Got divorced in a year.
            Weber Smoky Joe
            18" Weber Silver
            22.5" Weber Gold
            22.5" Weber Silver
            UDS X 2
            Masterbuilt 30" MES digital
            Masterbuilt MES 40" digital
            Masterbuilt cold smoke attachment
            Char-Broil Big Easy 3 in 1
            Char-Broil COS with Ron Fischer mods.
            Dual Char-Broil BBQ Bistros
            Blackstone three burner flat top
            5" AMZNPS
            Vortex x 2
            Maverick ET 73
            Maverick ET 732
            Maverick Pro Temp instant read thermometer
            Thermo Works Smoke Dual Channel Thermometer
            Pitmaster iQue 110
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BBQ Engineer View Post

This drink will also sneak up on ya...it is that good that you can really pound it down...so be careful.
              Thats what i am talking aboot.....Going to make some at a party tonite.........I will be sure to wear me helmut......

Comment

I know and like the name John Daly for the drink as well, it's quite tasty, and sneaks up on you hard and fast.

If you look at the bottle of vodka, you can see it's only 70 proof, versus 80 proof for regular vodka, it also has a ton of sugar in it. If you don't want to buy a bottle of the stuff to give this a try, make your own with ice tea concentrate (or strong iced tea) and sweetener. If you're watching your figure, you could make it with vodka, Crystal Light iced tea and Crystal Light lemonade, plus a little water. I haven't tinkered with the ratios for diy Firefly. I have had the Firefly with Crystal Light lemonade, and it is still very good.

Meanwhile, I have a pot of tea on for my own drink of the week thread later tonight.

Comment

I have always been a Beer Drinker.
                  Since Vietnam, I managed to stay away from hard stuff for the same reason I stayed away from any kind of drugs. I never had much trust in my will power, so I never got started.

However, when I used to knock down beer after beer at a few local establishments, I noticed a popular drink in my area was the "Long Island Iced Tea".

Bear
                  Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                  Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcarver View Post
                    I noticed a popular drink in my area was the "Long Island Iced Tea".

Bear
                    Now those will kick your arse..Worked as a Bartender/Bouncer
                    Masterbuilt Stainless Steel 40"
                    Weber 22.5" WSM
                    Weber Performer W/rotisserie X2
                    Weber 22.5" Kettle Silver
                    Weber 22.5" Kettle Gold
                    Weber 1990 22.5" 3 Wheeler
                    Weber 18.5" Kettle
                    Weber 18.5" Bud Light Kettle
                    Weber Smokey Joe
                    GMG Daniel Boone
                    Pit Barrel Cooker
                    Maverick ET 73 and ET 732
                    6X8 A Maze N Smoker and Tube Smoker
                    Fastest Themapen on the market BLACK
                    The Vortex

Comment

Hell to the yea! Love me some Long Island Iced Tea. Stuff make me wanna hose down with all that soft water 88 been talkin' aboot and wrestle me a gator. Win too. Dint take pity on'em. Inch mile gig if'in let'em. Like menfolks try and do sometime.

Comment

Working...
                      X