Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well......... It's Almost The Weekend, What's Cooking Smoked-Meat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well......... It's Almost The Weekend, What's Cooking Smoked-Meat?

Got 2 - 12 pound packers in the fridge, might do one up for burnt ends for a big poolside family bbq happening on Saturday. Supposed to be 75ish and sunny ..... I get to grill for aboot 30 or so. Like to get good & liquored up & crank up the tunes while I'm grillin

Well...... We're Waiting........
    sigpic

Probably nuthin, unless I do it at night.
    Next several days we are going to hit the mid to high 80's and very high humidity.
    High 80's might not seem like much but when you throw in 90% humidity it makes it almost unbearable

Although was thinking about smoking some nuts.
    Never done them before and has been on the list for a looooong time
    Last edited by Fire it up; 05-24-2012, 05:20 PM.
    There is a cure...http://phoenixtears.ca/

sigpic

Comment

Game time decision.....only problem no game as far as i know.........

Thinking aboot doing some fishing....but it gets crazy on water during holidays.....

Food and Cooking Safety forum Fish........LMAO
      Last edited by ALX; 05-24-2012, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Some spare ribs. Maybe a tri tip or some chicken leg quarters or some thighs.

Dave
        CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
        UDS 1.0
        Afterburner
        Weber Performer
        Blue Thermapen
        Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
        Thermoworks Chef Alarm
        Auber Smoker Controller
        Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
        -
        "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

Going to do a turkey, and maybe a pork loin, some other fixings on the side. Anyone have some good ideas?
          Mismoke

Charbroil CB940x (or equivelent-35 yrs old)
          Solaire infrared portable
          Yoder YS640
          Maverick ET 732
          A-Maze-N Tube smoker

View some of my photos at:
          https://picasaweb.google.com/111720899019925422024

Comment

Originally posted by mismoke View Post
            Going to do a turkey, and maybe a pork loin, some other fixings on the side. Anyone have some good ideas?
            Smoked, mashed potatoes Never smoked a potatoe meself, but lots of others here have. Love me some grilled Asparagus with birds
            sigpic

Comment

Well I'll tell you.. I am going to have a drink dammit... Maybe two... All I know is my son his girlfriend are heading to Carlsbad and our youngest will be running a muck cashin' split tail.. That leave me and the miss's to doi what the hell we want...

I just might thaw some vinny and make some links or through down some ribz on the longhorn..
              Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

entering a bbq contest.....smokin in the junction. tho not doing well at the moment, so no clue if i will be able to help.

let us not cry because we lost someone, but let us smile because we enjoyed their company for what time was allowed us!

Comment

All I know for sure is I'm Headin to Minnesota .Gettin thehell out of the windSpose to rain all week end but will still benice to be home
                  2-22.5'' weber
                  1-18'' weber
                  1 smokey joe
                  22.5'' wsm
                  24'' smoke vault
                  1-outhouse
                  Certified,Smoked Meat Sausage Head
                  Smoked meathead #135

Comment

Doing some wings on the traeger tomorrow night with the wife, waking up for a 7:15 am golf outing on Saturday with 11 other guys. Drinking beer all day, and my buddy who is moving to Chicago next week is coming over after we are done golfing. I picked up 2 racks of baby backs today that he and I are going to destroy on Saturday night. $2.79/lb = hell of a price!
                    Don

Humphrey's Pint
                    Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5"
                    Weber Performer (Black Top, Stainless Steel Table Edition circa 2005)
                    Blackstone Professional Series 36" Griddle
                    Weber Spirit SP-310 Gas Grill
                    Anova One Sous Vide
                    AMPS
                    Purple Thermapen
                    Maverick ET-733
                    DigIQ DX2
                    Misfit #1674

sigpic

Comment

Wife did sirloin steak and shrimp tonight, spare ribs are thawing and with 4 days who knows what else we will come up with!
                      --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
                      www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

Got a buddy having a birthday and his request was pernil, some of Jerod's awesome smoked mac n cheese, some ABT's and whatever else I come up with.
                        sigpic

Smoked-Meat certified Sausagehead

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1443745685

Comment

Well I just finished a Pork butt for my beans and I am doing a bean and slaw sampling before the big event I was asked to cater. I wanna make sure the beans and slaw are good before I subject my Marines to it. Then on top of beans and slaw this weekend I think Ill throw some kabobs on the grill brats in the smoker and a pork loin that I have taking a MH bath.

Comment

running a muck cashin' split tail.
                            wtf does that mean ?
                            It can't possibly be as rude as I think it is

food wise - well i could do with cold smoking some pancetta, but that will have to be over night - currently the uk is in a heatwave. Smoker thermo has been registering at least 75 during the day without any charcoal etc

i've actually got a bbq-in-a-bag in the freezer from a couple weeks ago.
                            Might simply throw that in the oven and make some slaw :-)

might work on some rubs and spice mixes over the weekend. might just put my feet up and read a couple of books.
                            might make up a big batch of instant satay sauce powder - real food alchemy :-)

But my current inclinations are simply to put me feet uip, grab a cold drink and run the battery on the kindle down :-)
                            Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                            Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
                              our youngest will be running a muck cashin' split tail..
                              Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
                              wtf does that mean ?
                              It can't possibly be as rude as I think it is

Here in the South (Texas) it's a slang of what the real term Run Amok or Run Amuck really means..

Running amok, sometimes referred to as simply amok (also spelled amuk, from the Malay meaning "mad with uncontrollable rage") is a term for a killing spree perpetrated by an individual out of rage or resentment over perceived mistreatment.
                              It meant more that someone is running around.... Try using it with your friends and family there in the home land and see how that works out for you..

As for chasin' split tail is single girls..
                              Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Working...
                              X