my belly bacon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my belly bacon

I started this a few weeks ago. Can't think of a better place to finish up with it.

Started with 2 sides pre trim weight was 24 lbs.

with the cure on it. ( this is a terrible picture. looks a little green guess cameras get the best of me sometimes)

I didn't take any pictures after the smoke. But smoked for 13 - 14 hrs or so. Jeanie, I tried to go 17 but didn't have it in me that night. Was very cold and I was very tired.

They've been in the freezer for a week now. Not all of it of course been eating it up all week.

This isn't all the chunks that didn't make it for slicing. I have about 5 lbs of pieces for beans, soups, rich's cracklin biscuits, etc etc

Now with it all bagged up. I'm sending my mom/dad, brother, sister, sister in law, a some friends here some. I end up with about 3 lbs for me.
    guess I'll be doing this again real soon for me.
    I learned a little something this time around, I will be cutting this pre smoke much better for slicing later.

Looks great Kev.. And ya got to use the new slicer...cool !!
    Mike
    Smokin' in Fla
    Go Gators
    My toys
    sigpic

Comment

Great lookin bacon Kev. Good thing you got that new slicer to get it all cut up!

sigpic
      Brinkman SnP-w/mods
      ECB
      GOSM
      MES for sticks and sausage
      30 yr old Weber Kettle
      Brinkman gasser

Comment

Excellent work buddy! Fine lookin bacon! Bet it be down right tastey too!
        sigpic

Comment

mmm Bacon! And a vote for cutting it up... it DOES make life easier. You can even stack a couple hunks and "double up" when slicing!
          In God I trust- All others pay cash...
          Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
          Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

That looks great. Bacon.....mmmmmmmmmmmm.
            sigpic

Comment

dang, now this is pointworthy!!!! cant give you any more, least not today. great lookin bacon man!!! those ends and pieces are also good thrown in with some venison and ground up!!!
              Charbroil SFB
              GOSM
              MES
              Dutch Ovens and other CI
              Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
              Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Man that stuff looks good. Great job on the bacon! points
                KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

Right nice! I'm sure you have a different outlook with bacon.
                  Sunset Eagle Aviation
                  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

you never posted your rub/cure Kev..........i need it

let us not cry because we lost someone, but let us smile because we enjoyed their company for what time was allowed us!

Comment

Damn that looks good! How much did your bellies cost per pound?

sigpic

Comment

Great job Kev.
                        Keith

Comment

Looks great Kev!! Great job....points
                          Gene

sigpic

The Farm...
                          http://gardenofeatn-rhf.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Darrin View Post
                            Damn that looks good! How much did your bellies cost per pound?
                            1.19 lb would have been 1.29 if I just took the one side that I ordered. but took the case ( 2 sides ) and got it for the 1.19. made it a very good deal on bacon. after it was all said and done, figured I had very nice fresh bacon for less than half of what i'd pay for the cheapest crap i could have bought at the grocery.

Steve,

I'd have to dig around for what I used. But I'm pretty sure I went off something Jeanie posted. TQ, onion and garlic powder. was pretty basic.

figured the next go around I'd be doing several kinds, peppered, paprika, spicy etc.

Comment

Working...
                            X