Rolled Rump Roast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolled Rump Roast

I was given this, and did a search here and on google. Nothing on smoking it.

Any thoughts, and should i pull it?

let us not cry because we lost someone, but let us smile because we enjoyed their company for what time was allowed us!

I would smoke it to 170 and slice! Maybe even inject it the night before!
    Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Comment

I'll go along with the Capt. Slice it thin and have me over for a thick beef and cheese sammy.
      sigpic
      Smoke Vault 24

Comment

I think a rolled roast is nothing more than a standing rib roast deboned...
        Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

I think Dan nailed it... that's what I would do. Oh, and invite me over for a sammie also...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

I'll trade you pics for it... LMAO!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Dan View Post
              I would smoke it to 170 and slice! Maybe even inject it the night before!
              Dunno about the gristle content... but 150° would be better for me. I don't care for rare, but some pink in sliced sammies is desirable for my plate.
              The 170 mark may help with the gristle, but if that's the case...why not 185-ish? Or go to pull?
              In God I trust- All others pay cash...
              Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
              Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Steve, what did ya end up doing with it?

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Originally posted by Bbqgoddess View Post
                  Steve, what did ya end up doing with it?
                  Nothing yet, smoking it this weekend..........going to cut it open, and see whats what..........then decide.............

I have tried injecting rolled roasts before, like a rolled pork roast........the injection got into the spaces of the roll and was a mess when slicing it......so doubt i do that..........

when i looked it up, its part of the rump..........so Ken, is that then still part of a standing Rib Roast?

let us not cry because we lost someone, but let us smile because we enjoyed their company for what time was allowed us!

Comment

The only ones I have seen around here is rolled roast.. Never seen a rump rolled.. I guess it still can be done... You have one..
                    Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Working...
                    X