Drink of the week...Mai Tai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drink of the week...Mai Tai

It's only been three days, but my last drink got no love, and I went to the dentist this afternoon, and he suggested drinking before the Novocaine wore off. Gotta follow doctor's orders...

Mai-Tai (from Dale Degreoff)

2oz aged rum (I used Appleton V/X)
    3/4oz orange curacao
    1/4oz orgeat syrup
    3/4oz lime juice

These are tasty and go down fast.

Hope you don't have to drive anywhere. Those are tasty and will get you super messed up. I like to splash the top with a shot of dark rum.
    Keith

Comment

[QUOTE=Kingudaroad;337813]Hope you don't have to drive anywhere. Those are tasty and will get you super messed up. I like to splash the top with a shot of dark rum.[/QUOTE]

wow! now yer talkin good drinks got lob some puntas for that great tip.
      sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
      nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

No driving. No thinking about driving after two of these. I do like the idea of a little dark rum float.

Comment

I'll take 4!
          Mark

Homemade 22 year old "Pro-smoker"
          Yoder YS640
          Smoke daddy
          100% Lumberjack pellets

Comment

Mmmmmm.....I'll take about 10 of those please

Originally posted by scotth View Post
            and he suggested drinking before the Novocaine wore off. Gotta follow doctor's orders...
            Now that's a good Doc that doesn't BS with you.

"Have a drink, or have 2 cause it'll make ya feel a whole Hell of a lot better"

Now if only your Doc told you to fire up a joint as well he would be the shit!

Although with certain dental work you can't smoke joints just like you shouldn't use a straw...that's when you need a buddy to give you a shotgun
            There is a cure...http://phoenixtears.ca/

sigpic

Comment

I'm gonna have to give these a try. Appleton rum is the only rum I like, especially the v/x. The reserve is the best but the only place I've seen that is in Jamaica.
              sigpic

Comment

Never had a Mai Tai, but in looking at the ingredients, I'm gonna!

Nicely done Scott...That is what I was hoping for in a drink series...something I haven't had but sounds awesome.
                BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
                Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
                I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Ryan, I agree the reserve is better rum than the v/x. I've only had it once, but I don't think it makes a significantly better Mai Tai then the v/x. My favorite rum is the Ron Zacapa 23 with an ice cube.

BBQ Engineer, I had to look far and wide for the Orgeat syrup. I found it in the cafe at Nordstroms. Coffee shops should have it. It's an interesting ingredient, I read that it was used in baking instead of milk before we had refrigeration. Some people are very particular about what Orgeat to put in their Mai-Tais, and that 1/4 oz goes a long way, the drink is pretty too sweet and almondys if you put too much in.

Fire It Up, those are some good tips, but it's just a little sore.

Comment

Working...
                  X