Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

purchasing sea food in stores. may need to check it out better.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• purchasing sea food in stores. may need to check it out better.

My son has a part time job at sam's club. he is one of the sample folks. and he just loves doing it and getting a little coin while going to college.
    He has found out that the salmon specificaly ( the fresh not frozen) is normally bein sold at temps that are well above 45 degrees some times rangeing in the 50s. he has a high end instatent read temp gauge that you do not even need to touch the products. just aim and pull the trigger and it tells you the exrenal temps.

he has noticed that the coolers are never working at proper temps in the stores. and has given this info to higher up. and to my suprise. no one seems to care about it. yesterday he was to sample out fresh salmon. and brought all the jeffes over to see what temps the fish was at before he cooked it. said to them it is unfit to serve at this temp. and your coolers are not working correctly.

Might not be a bad idea to take yer thermo pens when making purchases to ensure you are getting safe to cook and eat item.

I have taken so much poultry back to the stores as when I get it home it smells rank when I open it. hence now I put the pachage right to my nose touching my nose and smelling it several timnes. so far so good with that techneek.
    sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
    nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Health Dept regularly inspects them here, anything out of spec. is closed and emptied immediately. They put a big orange sign on it too, Mgt. not liken that much.
    Mark
    sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
    Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

seems kinda funky they would care
      Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

I have also returned many packs of rotten chicken to sams club, figured that was the reason or its the delivery trucks I suspect, you get what you pay for deal i guess.

Comment

I cut the pack open in checkout line and smell it anymore, pisses me off to have to drive all the way back.

Comment

Working...
          X