Fathers day ribs on the UDS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fathers day ribs on the UDS

I am looking for some advice on cooking about 8 slabs of ribs on my single rack UDS. Normally I would only cook 2 or 3 slabs of ribs at a time which fit laying flat on the rack but this weekend we are planning on smoking ribs for 8 people for fathers day. I was thinking of picking up a rib rack from sams club that holds 9 slabs of ribs.

Anyone use vertical rib racks? Do they cook evenly or part way through the cook should I rotate them around from the middle to the outside edge?

Thanks in advance.

Vince

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I have on, only used it a few times, and never had a problem with an uneven cook. I don't recall rotating them, but I'm sure it wouldn't hurt anything. Good luck!!
    Don

Humphrey's Pint
    Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5"
    Weber Performer (Black Top, Stainless Steel Table Edition circa 2005)
    Blackstone Professional Series 36" Griddle
    Weber Spirit SP-310 Gas Grill
    Anova One Sous Vide
    AMPS
    Purple Thermapen
    Maverick ET-733
    DigIQ DX2
    Misfit #1674

sigpic

Comment

I use 13 slab racks all the time when I have a cater gig, but not in a drum with the heat coming from the bottom. May not be a bad idea to give them a flip. You gonna foil? You can use a full size foil pan, stack them in on edge and foil the top, all in one pan. Or stack two and wrap with foil. On the rack though, the slabs have that thicker corner - make sure you alternate heel-to-toe when loading the rack. Never have had an issue with uneven cooking, as long as you keep the slabs from touching...

8 Racks for 8 people? You feeding linebackers?
      Lang 84 Deluxe (sold it, broke my heart)
      Weber Performer
      Weber 22.5" OTG
      Weber Q Tabletop Gasser
      Bunch of Sausage Makin' Kit
      Big Azz BBQ Concession Trailer
      BBQ Food Truck

Comment

I have a couple of SS rib racks, but have only used them 2x & they worked fine. I would suggest moving, rotating & "flipping" the ribs to make sure they do cook evenly.
        sigpic

Comment

Yeah it is a lot but I like to have left overs because I never get to cook as much as I like to. I have been thinking about doing a pork butt over night then doing 6 racks in the morning when the butt comes off.

It will be my second attempt at a pork butt. Last time I didnt inject and I would like to this time. Cant decide what to inject with though. Was thinking apple cider, dr pepper or maybe some peach or apple jumex. What you all think?
          Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Working...
          X