Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Craigslist Has Been Good To The Weber Ho......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craigslist Has Been Good To The Weber Ho......

I have been working the CL "Weber" search button & have settled on these 3 for me charcoal grills. Not sure if anyone cares, but there are some amazing deals to be had on CL, if you are patient.

This one I got for $40 & this model has a special name I think, butt can't remember it right now. I checked the code on the vent & it's a 1991. I bought it last fall & didn't really do anything with it until last weekend. I was determined to rid me patio of some grills, so I took all the best parts off 3 kettles I had & put them on this one ..... It did have wood handles, but I traded them in for plastic/nylon, painted the botton rack & ash collector Black, put the best aluminum tri-pod posts on it & nice wheels & cleaned it up. It came with the hinged grate & the side charcoal cups. I bought it a tool rack & nice Black Weber cover for storage. I like this one a lot.

This Performer was located 10 minutes from me house & the folks were moving...... It went up for sale @ $150.00 & I emailed them the next day. The lady said someone was coming to pick it up, I said if it doesn't work & you need it gone, I'll give you $125.00 & pick it up whenever you want..... Couple days later, she emailed back to come & get it. This one is in really nice condition, close to brand new & I think it's the most current model/design. It also has the propane assist lighting feature, that is really slick I think it is missing the "moon" hubcaps, have to look into that.

I got this one on Sunday..... It came up on CL late Saturday night about 11pm & they were asking $50.00. I immediately emailed them & said I would pay up to $125.00 depending on condition. Figured it would be gone immediately, but I got a call 8:30 Sunday & the fellow said I was the first to reply of the 10 emails they got on it, so it's yours I'll see you at 2:00..... I figured he would now want $125.00 or close to it, because I opened my big mouth But, he said not bad for $50 eh? .... They had bought the house next door to them & the old owners left it in the house. He said they almost took it to the dump .... I opened it up, rusty grates, no biggie, but everything was in place, looked pretty good & the propane assist fired up first try. It also came with the thick Black cover & it needed a good cleaning that took aboot 45 minutes. It's about a 8.5-9 outta 10 (2 scratches on the lid) & I got it for $50.00 had to drive 1.5 hour round trip to get it, but figured it was worth it.

sigpic

very nice scores Scott I like the propne assist idea...I haven't been lucky enough to find one yet

Comment

Some kick arse scores all around, Scott!
      Lang 84 Deluxe (sold it, broke my heart)
      Weber Performer
      Weber 22.5" OTG
      Weber Q Tabletop Gasser
      Bunch of Sausage Makin' Kit
      Big Azz BBQ Concession Trailer
      BBQ Food Truck

Comment

Scooos for de Weber Hooooo! Cool stuff fish!
        Mark
        sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
        Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

You still need therapy!
          Sunset Eagle Aviation
          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

I got serious WW... Weber Wood... Damn nice scores Scotty, damn nice!!

I've been lusting after a blue kettle, or any color butt black really... butt never ran across one. I do search CL a lot... just never scored any other color. Lemme know when you get tired of the blue unit... I'll drive to the left coast to get it.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
              He said they almost took it to the dump .... ]
              was his name Derek?

seriously nice scores, I am also jealous of that blue kettle.
              Just because you welded some shit together doesnt make it a WSM.

Twitter: @GrubSeeker

Comment

Nice scores, Scott. My local CL isn't as nice as yours...
                Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
                Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
                1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
                Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
                Weber Smokey Joe
                Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
                Pink Thermapen
                Purple Thermapen

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
                  I got serious WW... Weber Wood... Damn nice scores Scotty, damn nice!!

I've been lusting after a blue kettle, or any color butt black really... butt never ran across one. I do search CL a lot... just never scored any other color. Lemme know when you get tired of the blue unit... I'll drive to the left coast to get it.
                  Fun to hook up P-Pop...... Someday

Critterhunter found 2 or 3 Blue ones in aboot a week. He sent me some pics. Not sure how many he has now, but HE NEEDS HELP!!

I've been really lucky on the scores & am thankful every time I grab a beer & head out to the patio Now I gotta do something with me patio, looks like crap with all that shiny metal & plastic arooond.
                  sigpic

Comment

Good CL work. Not weber related but I just got a hit on a char griller duo pro, side box and cover for 150. Have to pass as I am afraid to touch my stash until after the wedding. That is over four hundred dollars new. I am hoping to score a 26" and an older silver gas. Keep missing the silvers. They vaporize almost as soon as they are posted.
                    Weber Smoky Joe
                    18" Weber Silver
                    22.5" Weber Gold
                    22.5" Weber Silver
                    UDS X 2
                    Masterbuilt 30" MES digital
                    Masterbuilt MES 40" digital
                    Masterbuilt cold smoke attachment
                    Char-Broil Big Easy 3 in 1
                    Char-Broil COS with Ron Fischer mods.
                    Dual Char-Broil BBQ Bistros
                    Blackstone three burner flat top
                    5" AMZNPS
                    Vortex x 2
                    Maverick ET 73
                    Maverick ET 732
                    Maverick Pro Temp instant read thermometer
                    Thermo Works Smoke Dual Channel Thermometer
                    Pitmaster iQue 110
                    sigpic

Comment

Damn nice hauls Scott.
                      Don

Humphrey's Pint
                      Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5"
                      Weber Performer (Black Top, Stainless Steel Table Edition circa 2005)
                      Blackstone Professional Series 36" Griddle
                      Weber Spirit SP-310 Gas Grill
                      Anova One Sous Vide
                      AMPS
                      Purple Thermapen
                      Maverick ET-733
                      DigIQ DX2
                      Misfit #1674

sigpic

Comment

Been looking for a Performer for months, you are in a zone man.
                        Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
                        My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
                        @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                          Fun to hook up P-Pop...... Someday

Critterhunter found 2 or 3 Blue ones in aboot a week. He sent me some pics. Not sure how many he has now, but HE NEEDS HELP!!

I've been really lucky on the scores & am thankful every time I grab a beer & head out to the patio Now I gotta do something with me patio, looks like crap with all that shiny metal & plastic arooond.
                          The Blue one is called a Master Touch.Yeah,I picked up one of them and a 22" Gold in Blue for I think 30$ +- for each.Offered 80$ for a Performer,Not the luck you have.Still no callNice scores ya got there.
                          sigpic

Certified Sausage Head

Comment

Very nice buys, congrats!
                            Your wife ain't gonna be happy when a Yoder gets listed in your area!
                            --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
                            www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

Nobody in Minnesota or north dakota ever sells theres. been looking daily for 2 years now
                              2-22.5'' weber
                              1-18'' weber
                              1 smokey joe
                              22.5'' wsm
                              24'' smoke vault
                              1-outhouse
                              Certified,Smoked Meat Sausage Head
                              Smoked meathead #135

Comment

Working...
                              X