need talking into buying a lokkii mini-grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need talking into buying a lokkii mini-grill

local discount shop has aload of lokkii brand grills.

I can't swing any of the larger ones - which is a damn shame as they are criminally cheap. The 22 ceramic job with ss side tables 822t - £30 - $45 !
    Just got nowhere to put it.

But the dinky little 1869 portable job with folding legs is only £10 $15 !

If I had one I'm pretty sure I'd do a lot more bbqing when I'm here on my own.
    PLus I'm sure can find somewhere to hide it :-)
    And I could use it under the balcony for when it rained on me.

It's just so cute - even got a little warming rack !

For the record it's a scandanavian company and they are made in hong kong - which used to british, so that's good enough for me :-)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 06-20-2012, 10:55 AM.
    Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
    Just call me 'One Grind'

Dang Alex, I'll buy it for you. Jeez, with all the computer help you done for me I'd buy them both for ya!

Neat looking unit. Not familiar with it. I like having a smaller unit to cook on when it's just for me, and that's a lot of times.

Comment

It IS cute...but... is it big enough? If it's just you...sure... but...
      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

well it would just be for me or picnics or stuff.

So yeah easy big enough. I've cooked for 3 on a small disposable before now :-)

Right then I'll pick one up tomorrow
        And I can say squirrel made me do it

home bargains website.

Same shop I got my sushi seaweed wraps - 29p for a pack of 12 - 45 cents
        great shop.
        Last edited by curious aardvark; 06-20-2012, 11:24 AM.
        Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Not sure if you can find one over there. But i love my Lodge CI grill.

Will last a hundred years.

"Because without beer, things do not seem to go as well"

Comment

Originally posted by Hippy View Post
            Not sure if you can find one over there. But i love my Lodge CI grill.

Will last a hundred years.

ooo...nice... I gotta look into that. I used to have the old classic Hibatchi... crap..It got lost somehow/where?
            In God I trust- All others pay cash...
            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Save your money, then just choose your color mate

Weber
              Weber
              Weber
              Weber
              Weber
              sigpic

Comment

neat - but no lid.
                I want something I can use as a mini smoker :-)

The outlaw is fine for anything from 3-30 but for just me or me and a mate - it's a bit big. takes a while to get up to speed.
                I figure 14 inch is big enough for the racks of ribs I get.

And while there is space to stick a reasonable sized kettle - it's not space I'm allowed to use for bbqs lol
                how I've managed to keep the outlaw's spot on the patio is nothing short of a miracle :-)
                But a dinky little table top smoker grill - won't be a problem :-)
                And I might even be arsed to cook myself a proper meal as well - rather than the grazing thing I tend to do when i's just me :-)

I've looked at the webers in the shops - and to be honest - they look identical to every other brand kettle I've seen. All seem to be made from the same materials, but webers don't have hinged lids with warming racks and I do like a multi level cooking area.

Just personal preference mate :-) If I had the space you or squirrel had - then yep, sure I'd start a collection.
                Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Hippys Hibatchi will last forever! Weber makes a Smokey Joe that is 13-14". Q for 1-4 and ive smoked ABTs in them. Well made. Mine is probably 20 years old. My Blue Gold kettle is 22 years old. Started on my grandpas that was most likely 20 years old then. Just sayin. Most folks only make the mistake of buying poorly made bbq/cooking equipment once. The kettles will last a long time even left exposed to the elements. Parts are available for everything. My first gas bbq was a cheap one with those thin chrome plated racks. The warming rack and main cooking rack rusted away in under 2 years, along with the burners. Rebuilt it for about $80 it lasted another 1.5 years. Threw the POS away (cost $10 to dump it l) then bought a Weber gas grill. Thats over 10 years ago and that Weber still has same grates and burners and everything else original except the flavorizor bars and ignitor. Weber, wheres my check at?$$$$$ lol
                  Last edited by Fishawn; 06-23-2012, 07:06 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Here ya go Rich, these things are not too cheap!!

http://www.amazon.com/Lodge-L410-Pre.../dp/B00022OK2A
                    Steve
                    ---------------------------------------------

Weber 26.75 One Touch Gold Kettle
                    Weber 22.5" Kettle
                    Weber 18" Kettle
                    UDS
                    Weber Gas Grill
                    Masterbuilt XL Propane Upright
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...