Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just another butt....

It really is just another butt..
    rubbed with a cherry, paprika, brown sugar, kosher salt, and cumin rub.
    This is for the MudBug feast on Sat... I also will be doing about 7 racks of ribs, both pork and dinos.... I will post those Sat.. (hopefully)

sorry for the blury pix

But here is my real joy, I finally got my Mavrick! now if I can just figure out how to use the darn thing! lol!!

I added a huge water pan to the smoke chamber, I would like to see the moisture v.s. non and the smoke ring... The first layer of smoke is the last of my olive.. ;( and then the next layer is almond! Thank you Ry!
    I am telling you all the olive is sooooo good! YUM!!

Thanks for checking out my butt! ;)

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Olive eh? A past customer I think is growing them in AZ. Maybe I should try to contact him. I STLLL wanna get ahold of some grape vine tho.

BBQG, no such thing as "just another butt" when you are in the equation. Some of the most inventive I've seen!
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Looking good Kel. Super cool therm you got there. Did you really use up all your olive? I know where to get more na-na na-na boo-boo j/k soon !
      I agree completely with Rich...you are so very inventive, with fantastic results!!have a happy Memorial!!
      Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
      Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

You have a nice butt there BBQG!

I have always wanted to try olive wood, but haven't run into any yet. Guess I'll get more serious about it after this stinking moving is done...

Can't wait to see the rest of your efforts!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Nice start. You'll get used to the Maverick. They're great.
          S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
          CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
          New Braunfels Bandera
          UniFlame Gas Grill
          Lil Chief

Comment

Nice looking butt! Looking forward to pics of the ribs.
            sigpic
            Smoke Vault 24

Comment

thanks for showing your butt to us... I think everyone likes it...

sigpic

Comment

Butt, well actually shoulder.. came off this at 4 am. foiled and into the cooler wrapped with its blankets.. I ended up pulling it around 9:30.

I took the temp right out of the cooler.... I am amazed how hot they stay in that cooler like that... this was at 159*

Now I did notice it was a tad bit dry in some spots... is this cuz its a shoulder? cuz it was frozen? I really am not sure... It has a decent smoke ring, and a nice bark.

LOVE the OLIVE wood... my new favorite!

Thanks for peeking!
                Happy Memorial Weekend everyone!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

looks good - I just can't help shedding a small tear that you're burning olive wood lol
                  Okay it's in a good cause - but damn that stuff's a woodturners dream and you can't get it for love nor money over here lol

Still looks like your bbq's off to a flying start and that's the important thing :-)
                  Can't wait to see the mudbugs pics.
                  Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                  Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Working...
                  X