Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have problems with the new yoder fan????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have problems with the new yoder fan????

Hey guys it seems since I updated my firmware and installed the new hair dryer fan my temps are way off, by at least 40 degrees. I decided half way through my cook tonight to unplug the second fan and my temps were within 10 degrees now. I am using the maverick thermometers to test. My yoder was saying 250 and the maverick was at 210 on the lower grate.. When I unplugged the second fan it climbed to 240. Anyone else had these problems

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Lang 60" deluxe
    Yoder YS640
    Masterbuilt 30"
    Masterbuilt 40"

We still have firmware U21 and I believe ours just has a single fan, I have never opened up to look. No problems what so ever, with how ours operates I see no reason to upgrade.
    --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
    www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

I still have issues with mine even after the replacement fan that is supposed to be lower CFMs. But whats funny is thats only when I place my probes through the door. If I run them through the stack its not so bad. I dont ever watch my controller anymore. If its to low when I put the meat on and give it an hour I bump the controller up and then let it settle for an hour. When the maverick reads what I want it to I just leave it alone. I have gotten fed up with trying to control temps with the controller lol. The controller for me is just there to start the thing, prime when need be and bump up the pellet drop rate to maintain the temps i want. Once It gets dialed in it runs like a champ. Well did....

Till I caught it on fire and burnt out my thermocoupler, warped the drip pan, and burnt all the paint off the inside

Comment

Can't help you buddy. While I have the same updates as you, I just use the reading on the Yoder and trust them. And yep, it sounds like a hair dryer too. I contacted Joe about the noise level to ask if they had any way to reduce the noise. He said nobody really complained about it.
        Mark

Homemade 22 year old "Pro-smoker"
        Yoder YS640
        Smoke daddy
        100% Lumberjack pellets

Comment

Originally posted by MossyMO View Post
          We still have firmware U21 and I believe ours just has a single fan, I have never opened up to look. No problems what so ever, with how ours operates I see no reason to upgrade.
          I think we got lucky with our firmware... running U21 and seems to be doing fine!! One fan and all!! Guess we got lucky Marty!!
          Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
          Yoder YS640
          Weber Genesis
          Weber 18.5" Kettle
          Weber Performer
          Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

I truly hope Yoder is able to fix my issues I am so concerned right now

Comment

I think I am going to leave the second fan out. Seems to run smoother for me.. Also it's over a 100 degrees here for the rest of the summer

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
              Lang 60" deluxe
              Yoder YS640
              Masterbuilt 30"
              Masterbuilt 40"

Comment

After drilling the hole in the side and putting in the conduit like you did pyro i ran a temp test I am running between 3 and 7 degrees difference on bottom grate. On top however I am running 20° hotter on top left and about 5° hotter on top right. So all in all I am good on temps. Thats with both fans and the fan that I got sent doesnt really sound like a hair dryer its actually quieter than it was with the other fan. Now if I can just get my thermocoupler and drip pan replaced Ill be golden

Comment

Originally posted by cowleyms View Post

Till I caught it on fire and burnt out my thermocoupler, warped the drip pan, and burnt all the paint off the inside
                  How and the heck did you catch that thing on on fire?
                  Mark

Homemade 22 year old "Pro-smoker"
                  Yoder YS640
                  Smoke daddy
                  100% Lumberjack pellets

Comment

to much grease from 8 porkbutts i guess? I dont know it just caught blaze

Comment

Pete, give Joe a call on you problem. I'm not seeing the issue you are. I do notice strong winds changing the pitch of the outer fan but this has not seemed to have any effect on my pits temp. The main purpose of the outer fan is to cool the hopper housing and avoid a fire. I wouldn't unplug that. If anyone is running a single fan that is mounted on the air flow box inside and does not have a secondary outer fan I would call Joe and get one coming.
                      Smoke it.. and they will come!

Rob
                      Recipes & Smokes in HD Video
                      SmokingPit.com

Yoder YS640
                      Yoder Wichita
                      Arizona BBQ Outfitters Scottsdale
                      Camp Chef FTG600 Flat Top Griddle
                      Blackstone 22" Flat Top Griddle

Comment

Working...
                      X