Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drink of the Week - The Pina Colada

Hi Everyone,

It's Frickin' Hot out. Mrs. Engineer loves Pina Colada's when it's hot out...Given that I serve them slushy, it is a perfect refreshment on a super hot day.

First off, you have to use Cream of Coconut. There are a couple of brands that I know about. Coco Real, and Coco lopez.

I prefer the Coco Lopez by a large margin. If you can get the two, get the Coco Lopez. Now, this stuff will harden if it is cold, so put it in a sink of hot water to warm it up...it makes it easier and makes a better drink.

Here are the players...

Here is the recipe that I always use...on the back of the Coco Lopez can.

Put the correct quantity in a blender and add some ice. I have a fridge that puts out some crushed ice anyway, so I do that first so the blender doesn't have to work so hard.

After a spin in the blender, here is what it looks like. It is a super fine slush, and absolutely delicious.

One for me and one for Mrs. Engineer.

One variation that we really enjoy, we got from the island of St. Maarten. It is a guava berry liquer. We spent the day in the sun and also rode jet ski's in the ocean. We then did some shopping and I found the Guava berry place. I about got hammered on guava berry coladas...Mrs. Engineer was looking at a very expensive watch, and I was like "Hell yeah...buy that damn thing, I'm gonna go get another drink!" It was awesome! Mrs. Engineer showed more restraint than I did.

Last edited by BBQ Engineer; 06-30-2012, 09:53 PM.
    BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
    Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
    I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Timing is spot on with this one, Dana. Just so happens that da Pina Colada is one of the few drinks my wife truly enjoys, and it is hotter than hell here!!

Off to see if I can round up the parts.

Comment

Me favorite blended drink...... My dad just brought me back a bunch of booze for the bar from Nevada & a 1/2 gallon of Bacardi was 1 of them ....... Might be breakfast tomorrow instead of a Bloody Mary..... Thanks Dana!
      sigpic

Comment

I haven't had a blender since the glass container from my last one broke. I need to get a new blender. I could go for one of these right about now.

Comment

Working...
        X