Hoser: 21-pound lobster caught off coast of Cape Cod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoser: 21-pound lobster caught off coast of Cape Cod

Figured you could track it down and rub some of that garlic butter all over it!!

Maybe Seboke could get in on the cooking action as well... he has become an expert at lobster!!

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...231245251.html

How would you like to come across that in the ocean....
    Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
    Yoder YS640
    Weber Genesis
    Weber 18.5" Kettle
    Weber Performer
    Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Yikes! Can you imagine one 44 pounds
    sigpic

Comment

That's one big bug!

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
      Paul

Comment

I'd go for it! Love me some water bug
        Mike
        Proud to be I.B.E.W.

PCa Sucks - But I WILL, No DID beat this!!

Yoder YS640
        POS ChinaMasterbuilt XL (demoted to cold smoking duty)
        Bull Big Bahanga gas grill

Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most!

Comment

Gol dang it...that is one monster of a lobby. Foot long claws will sure do a number on you....now....who has a pan big enough to fit this monster?

Oh...and can I borrow it?
          sigpic

Smoked-Meat certified Sausagehead

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1443745685

Comment

the interesting thing is that they aren't allowed to keep lobsters longer than 5 inches. Which seems pretty small to me.

Mind you a 22 lb lobster is going to be OLD.

Recent research suggests that lobsters may not slow down, weaken, or lose fertility with age. In fact, older lobsters are more fertile than younger lobsters. This longevity may be due to telomerase, an enzyme that repairs DNA sequences of the form "TTAGGG."[9] This sequence, repeated hundreds of times, occurs at the ends of chromosomes, which are referred to as the telomeres.[10][11] It has been argued that lobsters may exhibit negligible senescence and some scientists have claimed that they could effectively live indefinitely, barring injury, disease, capture, etc.[12] Their longevity allows them to reach impressive sizes. According to the Guinness World Records, the largest lobster was caught in Nova Scotia, Canada, and weighed 20.15 kilograms (44.4 lb).[
            22 lb lobster is going to be well over 60 year old ! the 44lb one over 100.
            Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
            Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Hmmmm. I zeroed in on this part of your post, CA

Recent research suggests that lobsters may not slow down, weaken, or lose fertility with age. In fact, older lobsters are more fertile than younger lobsters....

Looks like I need to eat more LOBSTER
              Mike
              Proud to be I.B.E.W.

PCa Sucks - But I WILL, No DID beat this!!

Yoder YS640
              POS ChinaMasterbuilt XL (demoted to cold smoking duty)
              Bull Big Bahanga gas grill

Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most!

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
                the interesting thing is that they aren't allowed to keep lobsters longer than 5 inches. Which seems pretty small to me.
                Not so small measured properly:

Lobster Measurement
                Title 12, Section 6431
                Lobsters must be measured with a special double-sided gauge to make sure that they are “keepers”. You may purchase a gauge from your local fishing supply store. A legal lobster in the State of Maine has a carapace or body shell length that measures between 3 ¼ inches and 5 inches. The measurement is made between the extreme rear of the eye socket to the end of the carapace.

Minimum lobster size has a carapace or body shell length of 3 ¼ inches.
                Maximum lobster size has a carapace or body shell length of 5 inches.
                Lobsters are measured from the extreme rear of the eye socket, along a line parallel to the center line of the body shell, to the rear end of the body shell. In order to be a “keeper”, this length must be at least 3 ¼ inches but no longer than 5 inches.
                Lobster measurement is determined by the State of Maine's double-sided gauge.

Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
                  Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
                  1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
                  Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
                  Weber Smokey Joe
                  Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
                  Pink Thermapen
                  Purple Thermapen

Comment

"We're gonna need a bigger grill."
                    Lang 84 Deluxe (sold it, broke my heart)
                    Weber Performer
                    Weber 22.5" OTG
                    Weber Q Tabletop Gasser
                    Bunch of Sausage Makin' Kit
                    Big Azz BBQ Concession Trailer
                    BBQ Food Truck

Comment

Originally posted by Seboke View Post
                      "We're gonna need a bigger grill."

LOL---I know you could handle it---I've seen you in Lobster Action!!!

Bear
                      Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                      Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcarver View Post
                        Not so small measured properly:

Lobster Measurement
                        Title 12, Section 6431
                        Lobsters must be measured with a special double-sided gauge to make sure that they are “keepers”. You may purchase a gauge from your local fishing supply store. A legal lobster in the State of Maine has a carapace or body shell length that measures between 3 ¼ inches and 5 inches. The measurement is made between the extreme rear of the eye socket to the end of the carapace.

Minimum lobster size has a carapace or body shell length of 3 ¼ inches.
                        Maximum lobster size has a carapace or body shell length of 5 inches.
                        Lobsters are measured from the extreme rear of the eye socket, along a line parallel to the center line of the body shell, to the rear end of the body shell. In order to be a “keeper”, this length must be at least 3 ¼ inches but no longer than 5 inches.
                        Lobster measurement is determined by the State of Maine's double-sided gauge.

figured it had to be something like that
                        Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                        Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

nice to look at butt no good for eatin , taste woody and are tough , 3 lb and under are best for eating imho , smaller the better
                          sigpic
                          homebuilt verticle ( aka the q-bottle )

Comment

Originally posted by T-bone Tim View Post
                            nice to look at butt no good for eatin , taste woody and are tough , 3 lb and under are best for eating imho , smaller the better
                            I have to disagree with you on that point...I've had many lobsters over 5 or 6 pounds and cooked properly they are just as sweet and tender as a 1.25 chick.
                            sigpic

Smoked-Meat certified Sausagehead

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1443745685

Comment

Working...
                            X