Memorial Day & NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memorial Day & NASCAR

I know there are a lot of folks who don't "get" NASCAR...

Today NASCAR paid an amazing tribute to our Armed Forces.
    It was beautiful, stopped the race shut down the motors for a moment of silence at 3 pm.

NASCAR thanks that was amazing!
    AMEN

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

I'm one...but I DO get "RESPECT". Nice.
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

I was there with ya!! Hats off to our heroes!!
      Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
      Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Sister.....Louie & I were amazed by that moment. #1 for those who have fallen, #2 for those who are serving & served. I participated in that silence.
        Sunset Eagle Aviation
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

I was amazed. Stoppin a race like that and the fans actually got quiet. Wow!
          Craig
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
            I was amazed. Stoppin a race like that and the fans actually got quiet. Wow!
            that part was very cool- the rest sucked- i think tony shoulda whooped ass in pit row.. .but an owner casn't do that. i like mikey & his teams but give up son - you suck- yer never gonna get what big bro ever did.......nobody likes "the brat" but he shouldn't have pitted- he had that 1..i hate rainouts- lets the sucker bet win
            brink vertical charcoal(the carp)
            18" old smokey charcoal grill/smoker
            cast iron Hibachi
            22" Kettle w/ "Smoke-EZ" styled riser extension
            & rotisserator
            12x7 wells cargo vending trailer(mods in progress)
            stuffer,slicer & more carp than i can fit in it...
            Marshall amps & various awesome guitars,drums,P.A.,etc.recording studio.....

Blues-N-Cues Concessions & Catering
            http://blues-n-cuesbbq.com/
            my music recordings-
            http://www.reverbnation.com/rlcltd

Comment

p.s.- race it byotch- get wipers & 1 set of treads & 1 double file restart in the rain for 10 laps- dirt boys would kick some arse.......i just sayin'........
              cast iron Hibachi
              & rotisserator

my music recordings-

Comment

Originally posted by blues_n_cues View Post
                that part was very cool- the rest sucked- i think tony shoulda whooped ass in pit row.. .but an owner casn't do that. i like mikey & his teams but give up son - you suck- yer never gonna get what big bro ever did.......nobody likes "the brat" but he shouldn't have pitted- he had that 1..i hate rainouts- lets the sucker bet win
                LOL, Tony has a huge ego problem, he thinks everyone needs to get out of his way. He opened his mouth during the time out interview, and got stuck eating crow!

The folks workin the track gotta a real workout this weekend. I bet the track owners didn't make alot on this race.

Didn't mean to highjack the thread Kelly, It was very cool the way they stopped the race!
                Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Dan View Post
                  LOL, Tony has a huge ego problem, he thinks everyone needs to get out of his way. He opened his mouth during the time out interview, and got stuck eating crow!

The folks workin the track gotta a real workout this weekend. I bet the track owners didn't make alot on this race.

Didn't mean to highjack the thread Kelly, It was very cool the way they stopped the race!
                  lol ya think tony got ego? - he has been the most humbled since kyle came along & has shut his trap on these wannabee hotdoggers in the lat 6 years,

tony has won everythingh twice over & he finally grew in to his mouth so when he says- sit back relax & win- man knows.....now jr. can open his trap all day & ain't won diddly & never will- he ain't that good....k.b.(the brat) everyone today thought this was going somewhere... but i guarantee down the line- he'll bump everyone but tony for a win....(i grew up in this- it's that "after the race trophy" that ya may not win.........
                  cast iron Hibachi
                  & rotisserator

my music recordings-

Comment

i don't think tony got stuck eating anyting
                    he comes from old school & @ that point of the race he was plus 6 #1 in the points...
                    now reutimann & mikey- get lucky only in rain outs- they ain't got nothing to lose
                    keep up or sit in the stands lol...
                    cast iron Hibachi
                    & rotisserator

my music recordings-

Comment

Originally posted by blues_n_cues View Post
                      i don't think tony got stuck eating anyting

Looks to me like he did................quite often. I heard they made the COT cars wider so he could breathe while racing, and he asked nascar not to allow food sponsors on cars because it made him too hungry to drive!

He also wanted a Taco bell, and dairy queen on pit row, but nascar said no way!

When tony bitched about the 00 car being to much in a hurry to stay up front in a race that was rained out the day before and sure to be rained out again, he was just mad cuz the guy didn't pull over and let him pass.Then he made fun of the guys pit crew being a baldy, what a tool. He needs to look in the mirror himself before he shoots his mouth off. And after all that spouting off, who shoulda been more anxious to stay up front?

nice finish ,barely in the top 20!

Tony Stewart went up to Reutimann during a delay just before the halfway point.

"Just being smart out there," Stewart said of what he told Reutimann, in his second full-time Sprint Cup season. "We caught him and he raced us real hard. We've got 425 miles left in the race at that point."

Reutimann's team didn't take kindly to the advice, and Stewart then got into an argument with mechanic Dwayne Bigger.

"Then he's got a bald crew guy down there that wants to jump up there and be Billy Bad Butt," Stewart said. "Maybe he needs to ride in there with him since they both seem to have it all figured out."

Reutimann didn't want to fuel the dispute, then got the last laugh by securing the win.

"I love the guy and it bothers me that he's upset with me," Reutimann said. "I'm sure he filled you guys in. I don't know what more I can say."
                      Last edited by Capt Dan; 05-26-2009, 08:32 AM.
                      Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Comment

Snickering, even if it got off subject.
                        Sunset Eagle Aviation
                        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Dan View Post

Yep, I guess I got baited back into it didn't I
                          Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Comment

Wow! Thats the emotion that makes a NASCAR fan, a NASCAR fan!

Dont have to be right, just passionate..............
                            Craig
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
                              Wow! Thats the emotion that makes a NASCAR fan, a NASCAR fan!

Dont have to be right, just passionate..............
                              Bravo Smoke Freak...

Lets see what happens this weekend with JR's crew chief... as far as not being a good driver.. well I am gonna disagree with that. Smoke, I gotta agree he is old school, more so than June Bug. Yep he has a big mouth and fat boy has an ego, but he also has two cup Championships. The "Brat" well, he is a good driver, but I don't want to hear some pussy whinning about how its everyone else's fault, that goes for Montoya as well.. There is no CRYING in NASCAR. Gordon, flipping great driver, Johnson as well.. Mikey, hell not the greatest, but was in the right place at the right time, nope he is no DW but that was a different era of drivers... he gives a hell of a TV face for NASCAR tho... hell look at Hermie, ok, Kenny Wallace, not the best of luck driving, or race teams, but a dude that has done a lot for the sport...

Ok so it's my thread hijacked and all...
                              The greatest thing about this sport is we all gather on Sat night or Sunday afternoon, pray together, give thanks to our armed services and you sit next to me with your kyle busch hat and I next to you with my Jr t-shirt, and we share a beer and enjoy the sport...

That my friends is NASCAR!

Thank you,
                              Billy Bad Butt

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Working...
                              X