free walnut for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• free walnut for me

i have never used walnut so can someone clue me in sems i heard that if you use too much it gets bitter in a hurry (like i said i dont know anything about walnut) i figure its a nut wood might as well smoke with it i dont know what variety it is if that makes any diff.......................................... thanks to those who know and share
    Please ignore all spelling errors and typos my pet monkey does all of my corespondence

I use it, but very little at a time, you can ruin some good meat... I mix it with pecan... Make sure it is seasoned well..
    Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Seems to me there's differing opinions Preacher. I don't think it'll kill ya tho...let us know if ya try it. Maybe a small fatty or something, just in case eh.
      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

i have heard/read, english good, black bad.........

let us not cry because we lost someone, but let us smile because we enjoyed their company for what time was allowed us!

Comment

I, like WD, have heard that English walnut is a bit stronger than pecan, and black walnut is rather strong and bitter if you use to much of it.
          I'd do like Rich said and try it on something small. I don't care for straight mesquite, but some love it. I've even heard some say that hickory is too strong.

Tom

Comment

i had always thought black walnut was toxic, but apparently to other plants only. something released into the soil by the root system. but is safe for a smoking wood. prolly use sparingly, least until you ck it out. might be a little overpowering.
            Charbroil SFB
            GOSM
            MES
            Dutch Ovens and other CI
            Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
            Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X