Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grow your own ghost peppers

https://www.ghostchilipeppersoffer.c...9-2ced10f90ae7

The hottest pepper in the world can now be easily grown in your own home! Click here
    sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
    nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Here is another source..........

http://www.pepperjoe.com/
    Don..

2 of me best buds ever! R.I.P guys

Comment

Technically it is now the third hottest in the world
      There is a cure...http://phoenixtears.ca/

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fire it up View Post
        Technically it is now the third hottest in the world
        Ya know, I really never noticed an appreciable difference..... They are all just fucking hot. You hit over 500K scoville, it really ain't gonna matter much....
        Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Comment

Originally posted by IrishChef View Post
          Ya know, I really never noticed an appreciable difference..... They are all just fucking hot. You hit over 500K scoville, it really ain't gonna matter much....
          Agreed Bhuts are hot enough why bother with anything hotter?
          Besides bragging rights I don't understand it

sigpic

Comment

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343941334.772983.jpg
            Here's a picture (from last week) of my first scorpion pepper.

I have some pics of some ghost peppers on the "my first" thread.

Comment

Why?
              Mark
              sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
              Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Its like a bet with your mouth!
                New Braunfels Black Diamond
                18.5" WSM
                Weber Performer Deluxe Black
                18.5 Weber Kettle
                22.5 Weber Kettle
                Maverick ET732
                6, 8, 10 and 12' Lodge DO

Smoked Meat Misfits: "the change it had to come. We knew it all along. We were liberated from the fold, that's all" - The Who.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MrZip66 View Post
                  Like a bet with your fucking life, those things have actually stopped peoples hearts

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MrZip66 View Post
                    Well, while your mouth may win, I can pretty much assure you your asshole will lose every time on that bet......

Comment

Well, while your mouth may win, I can pretty much assure you your asshole will lose every time on that bet......
                      There is not a such thing as a win with that stupid ass pepper. It burns through gloves (no joke). I love hot stuff as people have seen with my posts of 2T of Smitty's in my wing sauce, but this shit is absurd. There is no purpose for peppers that hot other than maybe POW torture.
                      Don

Humphrey's Pint
                      Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5"
                      Weber Performer (Black Top, Stainless Steel Table Edition circa 2005)
                      Blackstone Professional Series 36" Griddle
                      Weber Spirit SP-310 Gas Grill
                      Anova One Sous Vide
                      AMPS
                      Purple Thermapen
                      Maverick ET-733
                      DigIQ DX2
                      Misfit #1674

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tadowdaddy View Post
                        There is not a such thing as a win with that stupid ass pepper. It burns through gloves (no joke). I love hot stuff as people have seen with my posts of 2T of Smitty's in my wing sauce, but this shit is absurd. There is no purpose for peppers that hot other than maybe POW torture.

I disagree. Its a ton of fun to give one to a dumbass who bets you he can eat any pepper you have...... My neighbor for example....I wish I got a pic of him with that ghost chili........

Comment

I disagree. Its a ton of fun to give one to a dumbass who bets you he can eat any pepper you have...... My neighbor for example....I wish I got a pic of him with that ghost chili........
                          Giving that scorpion pepper to someone (I don't care how much of a dumbass they are) could kill them or end in a very serious lawsuit. There is no practical point to a pepper that hot.

Now I'm not trying to be a stick in the mud, because back in college we use to do the "try this" to our buddies and we'd douse a cracker with some hot sauce that we picked up in louisiana that had a medical warning on it and then laugh for an hour as they were sweating with a mouth of fire.
                          Don

Humphrey's Pint
                          Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5"
                          Weber Performer (Black Top, Stainless Steel Table Edition circa 2005)
                          Blackstone Professional Series 36" Griddle
                          Weber Spirit SP-310 Gas Grill
                          Anova One Sous Vide
                          AMPS
                          Purple Thermapen
                          Maverick ET-733
                          DigIQ DX2
                          Misfit #1674

sigpic

Comment

This is the first year we didn't grow any of the bhut's. First year was a novelty, then we kept growing a plant or two for the last 4 or 5 years. Gave a teenie tiny sliver to one guy and he got a bloody nose!! We used to give them to one guy who canned his own hot pickles and hot green maters. We also used to give a boat load to a local bar that had suicide wings on their menu. Other than that, we didn't really do anything with them...

I buy our pepper from cross country nursery. Spend a bit more for live plants and shipping than I would for seeds, but I have to face the fact that as good as my intentions might be to start from seed, I never seem to find the time to follow through. THis nursery has a HUGE selection of peppers and maters.

http://www.chileplants.com/
                            Mustang electric smoker
                            King Kooker vertical gasser
                            Charbroil silver smoker
                            Earnhardt Jr smoker
                            Brinkman smoke n' grill
                            a-maze-n cold smoker rack

USMC vet 87 - 91

Comment

whew! seems some do not like heat or they do not know how to use it.
                              yes, these darn things can be off the charts HOT. no dout.
                              I realy do not think the idea is some kinda challenge with them to see who will shoot the largest longest flame out theit arse.
                              But to use in culinary skills is the idea, and although some do like heat and lots of it. it is not for all. so, what to do with a REALY HOT PEPPER?
                              and one with flavor. the flavor must be found in the heat 1st. to make it useful in cooking and eating.
                              what I have enjoyed is heating vinegar and adding hot peppers cut in half, garlic and onion some times cilantro and letting it steep, then removing every thing and adding fresh and bottling it in an ole vinegar bottle with the type of lid that has holes for dispensing when the cap is removed. on rice, eggs sammies it is pretty good at least for me. some times alittle goes a long ways But, the heat is tolerable and there is flavor. fried fish or shrimp. hell yea. taste great.
                              and normaly start out with small amounts and build up/add more if needed.
                              there are a lot of chili farms in my area and a lot are the U-pic-um type farms.
                              the farmers will not grow these super hot where the public goes to pic. as they are afraid some one will bite one and die from the heat. shut their breathing down are something like that.
                              the mexicans have fields of chilis that have no name and are of the long green variety like lumbre, big jim ect. they are not sold to the public but are picked for the mexicans that like very hot. and that they are, VERY HOT. and normaly they know about these peppers and take care of them selves with it.
                              well any ways. enjoy em and at least give heat a chance. you do not have to shove the whole pepper in the pot. some times a sliver will do and a flavor you may enjoy may come to you. just eat lots of ice cream after dinner.
                              sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
                              nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

Working...
                              X