Spicy Italian and snack sticks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spicy Italian and snack sticks

Got a little carried away a couple weeks ago ended up making 5lb hot Styx's and 5lb reg Styx's 15lb spicy Italian sausage. Man it all turned out tasty alot of work for one days grind and stuff. Ended up not smoking the Styx's till Tuesday while i was at it I went ahead and grilled up some of the spicy sausage to.

________
    STEROID REHAB FORUM
    Last edited by Smoke Doc; 04-19-2011, 01:40 PM.

Very nice Doc... man I would LOVE to have a meat mixer. Really helps I bet!
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Them there look great! Gotta get Italian on the do list!
      Sunset Eagle Aviation
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Look at you, holding out on us eh?.. If I know you I bet them links are hot...How much of the 90K Cayenne you put in this time..lol And thin toss some Louisiana hot sauce on top of it, you are the man..
        Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
          Very nice Doc... man I would LOVE to have a meat mixer. Really helps I bet!
          Great looking sausage Doc.

Rich take the plunge man; a meat mixer is a must have IMO. I recently made 70# of a few different kinds of sausage and did it in no time with the mixer and a good bucket stuffer.

Unlike Doc, I usually cube the meat then mix it in the mixer with spices then grind. It makes it much easier to mix the spices in completely. If I do add pre ground beef to pork, I still cube the pork and break up the ground beef really good then mix then grind. Again it mixes better and much faster cubed.

Comment

Looks right tasty!!! Real nice work!
            www.nopigleftbehind.com
            -----------------------------

Comment

Nice very nice .Rich put the word out for fathers day comming up.I bought my mixer last deer season just a small 20 pounder and i love it.
              2-22.5'' weber
              1-18'' weber
              1 smokey joe
              22.5'' wsm
              24'' smoke vault
              1-outhouse
              Certified,Smoked Meat Sausage Head
              Smoked meathead #135

Comment

Got mine at northern do not know how I made it with out it. If I am just doing 5lbs, I mix by hand any more than that out comes the mixer.
                ________
                No2 Vaporizer
                Last edited by Smoke Doc; 04-19-2011, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Good looking sausage! I agree with the mixer comments. I have mixed tons of sausage by hand, but no more. The mixer is worth whatever you pay for it.
                  sigpic
                  Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Hell that's some excellent looking sausage - points worthy in fact :-)
                    I'd like a mixer - but have currently totally ru out of 'toy' storage space. lol

Unlike Doc, I usually cube the meat then mix it in the mixer with spices then grind. It makes it much easier to mix the spices in completely. If I do add pre ground beef to pork, I still cube the pork and break up the ground beef really good then mix then grind. Again it mixes better and much faster cubed.
                    Yep, definitely beats grinding then mixing. I've never done it any other way :-)
                    Last edited by curious aardvark; 05-28-2009, 08:55 AM.
                    Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                    Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

I have been dragging my feet on getting a grinder & stuffer. Now I gotta put a meat mixer on the list. Nice looking sticks by the way.
                      KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

Seperate stuffer or mixer first? This is going to get addicting and expensive! LOL
                        sigpic

My Facebook page
                        http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?to...Q/131613189083

Comment

Nice job Doc!! And no frostbite on your fingers.

Rick I vote for the stuffer first. That 34 degree meat does sting a bit though.
                          Keith

Comment

Originally posted by Kingudaroad View Post
                            Nice job Doc!! And no frostbite on your fingers.

Rick I vote for the stuffer first. That 34 degree meat does sting a bit though.
                            Stuffer first for sure. My daughters take care of the mixing. Until I get my next bike, I ain't buying nothing. My bills may not even get paid.

Tom

Comment

no recipe? no HOW you did it?

shameful, lolol

let us not cry because we lost someone, but let us smile because we enjoyed their company for what time was allowed us!

Comment

Working...
                              X