Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just closed the deal on a ........

Weber Kettle -

Not too many details yet, but a heck of a nice guy in Malta (about 70 miles away from home) just got a nice propane grill and saw that I was looking for a Kettle. He said he had one in great shape, only used a few times. Price was pretty nice: Free!
    Fundamentals matter.

Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
    Die Wahrheit wird euch frei machen

Foods of the World Forums - From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, it's all good

BaitShopBoyz.com - Shoot the bull with the boyZ

Good Luck Ron! ..... They are sure fun
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TasunkaWitko View Post
      Weber Kettle -

Not too many details yet, but a heck of a nice guy in Malta (about 70 miles away from home) just got a nice propane grill and saw that I was looking for a Kettle. He said he had one in great shape, only used a few times. Price was pretty nice: Free!
      At first I thought 70 miles, bit far of a drive unless the price is right.

Well, can't beat free unless he was also offering some fuel and meat at no extra charge to go along with it

What a great score!
      There is a cure...http://phoenixtears.ca/

sigpic

Comment

hell, jim - up here we literally drive almost twice that far (130 miles to great falls) for groceries and a day of decent shopping and/or food - and over 3 times that far (240 miles to billings) for the really popular stores and the olive garden/red lobster experience.

also, i know a couple of folks in the same town who live where he lives and they make fairly-regular runs this way, so i should be able to arrange delivery by the end of the week; if not, it will be a nice drive down on a saturday - maybe take i some catfishing or some other form of recreation!

i had one of these about 15, 16 years ago, always regretted letting it go - come to think of it, that one landed in my lap, too.

i hope it's a 22.5 versus an 18.5, but at that price, i'm happy either way ~

scott - i'll be relying on your advice, getting down to fundamentals with it and then working my way up from there!
        Fundamentals matter.

Helfen, Wehren, Heilen

Comment

scott - i'll be relying on your advice, getting down to fundamentals with it and then working my way up from there!
          LOTS of Great kettle cooks on here to help oot Seems we all do things a bit different, which makes for great discussions & though IMO

Butt, if you wanna have an outdoor cooking tool that can basically do anything, IMO there's nothing like em
          sigpic

Comment

hell, jim - up here we literally drive almost twice that far (130 miles to great falls) for groceries and a day of decent shopping and/or food - and over 3 times that far (240 miles to billings) for the really popular stores and the olive garden/red lobster experience.
            Damn

Takes me exactly 10 minutes to get to the nearest Red Lobster if I don't hit more than 2 red lights.
            45 minutes to get to Philly where they literally have everything under the sun you could possibly want.

Though you probably don't have to deal with so many shitty drivers, traffic jams, shitty drivers, smelly smog, shitty drivers or even shitty drivers like I do every day.

Today this sumbitch...I don't even wanna go into it because it would take a while to explain but this bastard...son of a bitch shit driver
            There is a cure...http://phoenixtears.ca/

sigpic

Comment

ol - thanks for reminding me how fracking lucky i am to be from montana, where you can literally drive a big part of the day and not see another driver in some places - even no sign of "civilisation" other than a fence or a power line running alongside the road -

Fundamentals matter.

Helfen, Wehren, Heilen

Comment

My best friend & his now 17 y/o son travel to Montana every year for hunting, since his son was about 12 or so+-........ They just love it over in that country & I think his son is maybe going to attend Montana or Montana State ?..... Went to a football camp their during the Spring.
                sigpic

Comment

it could be either one. the former is in missoula (grizzlies) and the latter is in bozeman (bobcats). each has a very good football program, and the rivalry is fierce, indeed.....
                  Fundamentals matter.

Helfen, Wehren, Heilen

Comment

Gluck with that Weber Kettle Ron.
                    New Braunfels Black Diamond
                    18.5" WSM
                    Weber Performer Deluxe Black
                    18.5 Weber Kettle
                    22.5 Weber Kettle
                    Maverick ET732
                    6, 8, 10 and 12' Lodge DO

Smoked Meat Misfits: "the change it had to come. We knew it all along. We were liberated from the fold, that's all" - The Who.

sigpic

Comment

Nice score on the Weber.You'll like it
                      sigpic

Certified Sausage Head

Comment

Welcome to weberland best thing I ever got, put money on it you'll have at least 1 more before long
                        sigpic

Mary had a little lamb her father shot it dead, now it goes to school with her between two lumps of bread

Comment

Great score Ron...make sure you post a pic of the "new baby" when you get her home and cleaned up.
                          sigpic

Smoked-Meat certified Sausagehead

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1443745685

Comment

thanks, guys - i shouldn't have ever let my other one go, but as tehy say, i was young and dumb ~

dave - i'll see what i can do about a pic when i get it. if everything goes well, i might actually have it by the end of tomorrow, but if not, i'll drive down and get it this weekend!
                            Fundamentals matter.

Helfen, Wehren, Heilen

Comment

Helluva deal Ron!!! No matter what it is... 18.5" or 22.5"... they are both cooking machines!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Working...
                              X