Sauce Pulled Pork NC Vinegar Sauce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sauce Pulled Pork NC Vinegar Sauce

I got this from Jim Minion at another place.
    It's WAY WAY too good not to post here.
    I hope Minion respects this and doesn't mind.

Just try it once! I swear you'll love it.

NORTH CAROLINA VINEGAR SAUCE
    here is one without tomato
    1 cup cider vinegar
    2 tablespoons salt ( I use 2 tsp )
    1 tablespoon brown sugar
    1 teaspoon cayenne, can use black pepper in place of cayenne
    1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
    PREPARATION:
    Mix all ingredients together. Let stand as long as possible, at least 1/2 a day, but the longer the better.
    Jim

Once I thought I had some on hand but didn't so I mixed up, microwaved for one minute, let stand about 3 hours and it was fine.

This is awesome!
    Thanks Jim !

Toss in a shot of bourbon and ya got me. It's just about identical to what I use... Jim's been round ;{)
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
      Toss in a shot of bourbon and ya got me. It's just about identical to what I use... Jim's been round ;{)
      Yeah you be right with the shot+. I was stationed a Seymour Johnson, had alot of Carolina Pig's. One more item to the juice was something that has Anchovie's. Louie has a sauce, needs to rest for about a week before ya use it at least, whatever you concoct!
      Sunset Eagle Aviation
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

that is a great sauce, I add Capt Morgan rum though and I must admit, I use a small amount of ketchup.

Comment

Originally posted by BigArm Terry View Post
          that is a great sauce, I add Capt Morgan rum though and I must admit, I use a small amount of ketchup.
          With ya on the ketchup....Got alot of retired Air Force friend's from NC who do the Carolina Pig.....all use ketchup in their homemade shakedown sauce.
          Sunset Eagle Aviation
          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Yessir, I will be trying this (with the shot of bourbon, of course).
            sigpic
            Smoke Vault 24

Comment

i do summin REAL similar, but i add mustard to it.............

let us not cry because we lost someone, but let us smile because we enjoyed their company for what time was allowed us!

Comment

That's almost identical to what I use also, 'cept I use Kosher salt. One thing I do is simmer it until the salt and sugar are dissolved.

And yes, the bourbon is a great addition... 'specially when added to the cook.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

This reminds me of the vinegar smoked meats I ate in Virginia and North Carolina when I lived in Williamsburg. There are several variations on the basic recipe. Then I moved to southern Tennessee/northern Alabama on the state line, and most folks here don't like that. I sure thought it good, though, and was thinking just this morning that some vinegar chicken leg quarters would be good for the weekend. Thanks for the post!

Comment

I LOVE the stuff.
                    Now I gotta make it with a shot of Bourbon!
                    Niiiiiiiccccccceeeeeeee.

Comment

Working...
                    X