Change of Game plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change of Game plans

Well, I was going to be smoking ribs for the game today. But, it was my grandson's birthday yesterday. My son was short on funds and asked for a little help. So I go up early and threw on the ribs and beans.

When I pulled them out.

I also grabbed a couple lbs. of ground beef, a big can of manwich and buns. I put everything in the oven real low while I made the sloppy joes. Didn't get any plated shots. It disappeared quickly. Even those that never had ribs or didn't care for them, had some. And the beans....I could have made a double batch. I can't count the comments I got for those. Here's the birthday boy.

So, I'll stay home and watch the game. I needed to get my CB curing anyway. I robbed a piece of loin and threw it in, and made some ABTs. In the smoker using maple this time. I'm really loving the new Mavericks too.

S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
    CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
    New Braunfels Bandera
    UniFlame Gas Grill
    Lil Chief

Nice job. You made your Grandson one happy birthday boy. :)
    Dawn

New Braunfels Bandera "Grail"
    Weber 22.5" Kettle Grill
    1 Maverick ET-73
    1 Green Thermapen

member #38

Comment

A helping hand. Point for that. Food looks great to. Happy birthday to the grandson.
      sigpic

Comment

nice ray!!!! happy bday to the lil guy too!!!
        Charbroil SFB
        GOSM
        MES
        Dutch Ovens and other CI
        Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
        Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Yeah he was a happy camper. Lots of presents and attention. He's four now. And my Sunday meal turned out nice. I really liked the maple. Basically a smoked pork chop, and at 1.78/lb. I'll be doing this again.

With a little potato salad and cole slaw. If you've never tried it, Wee Willy's White BBQ Sauce makes a great slaw with a kick. And for someone who never liked jalapenos, I'm sure liking these ABTs. These had some pineapple in them. Funny, some didn't make it in the pic. Seems to be a common problem.

I no more than finished eating and my oldest son called. Wanted to know if I was going to the youngest's to watch the game. I explained that the alcohol in my system would hinder my driving abilities. He twisted my arm and picked me up. (I was just there Sat.) So, I grabbed the leftover ribs, beans and loin and brought them back.

I think some of them imbibed in a little of that Iowan parsley, because it was pure carnage. I set it down on the table, and all I heard was pig sounds and moaning. The only utensil used was a knife to cut the loin and even ate the beans using those Frito scoops. I didn't get to try it, I was afraid of losing a limb. Lol. The little guy wasn't afraid, and even picked over the remains. Should have seen his hands.

S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
          CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
          New Braunfels Bandera
          UniFlame Gas Grill
          Lil Chief

Comment

Iowan parsley!, that right there is funny. We call it the"devils lettuce".:D

Too old for that stuff now, good thing I didn't know how to Q back in those days, I would hurt myself for sure.
            Glad ya had a great weekend, and made your grandson a happy guy!
            Thats what G-pas are for!;)
            Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Comment

Great looking meals, Ray!
              Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
              Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
              1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
              Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
              Weber Smokey Joe
              Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
              Pink Thermapen
              Purple Thermapen

Comment

Grate lookin' grub Ray!

LOL! I love the Iowan Parsley... I'm with ya' Capt. Dan, I'm too old for that herbal delight anymore. Back in the day, I quite frequently visited the herb garden, and if I knew what BBQ was all about back then, one of two things probably would have happened... I'd have eaten it all, or I'd have torched myself beyond all recognition... or both!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

That is so kewl

Comment

Working...
                  X