Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got some WSM questions ....

2 questions:

I got the 18.5 WSM, and thinking about getting some of the rib racks today that let you smoke em vertically. My question is, how do you foil em if you do that? I know a lot of you don't foil, but my ribs still turn out better for me at this point so I'm staying with that..

My other question is, is there a big difference in temps if you use both your upper and lower racks? Thinking about making 2 racks and a pork butt.

I've also got my offset if using both racks is a hassle. I just kinda would like to try it and see what your experiences are.

Thanks!
    New Braunfels Black Diamond
    18.5" WSM
    Weber Performer Deluxe Black
    18.5 Weber Kettle
    22.5 Weber Kettle
    Maverick ET732
    6, 8, 10 and 12' Lodge DO

Smoked Meat Misfits: "the change it had to come. We knew it all along. We were liberated from the fold, that's all" - The Who.

sigpic

You should be able to get 2 racks on the top grate and place the butt below.

Foiling with a rib rack... foil them with the seam at the top, bone ends down. It's not as efficient as flat but it works OK.
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

For foiling the ribs when space is tight I prefer to put them into a alum. turkey pan & cover that with the foil. It won't matter if they overlap a little in the pan. Just add your juices, or whatever liquid you use, to the pan.
      MES 30"
      A-Maze-N pellet smoker
      Weber 22" kettle
      E-Z-Que rotisserie
      Weber Smokey Joe
      Big Weber Gasser
      Cracker Smoker
      UDS

Comment

Working...
      X