pulled beef.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pulled beef.

Hello i am new here and am hoping you guys can help. Unlike most i am a pulled beef person vs a pulled pork. Now do not get me wrong pulled pork makes my mouth water i just perfer beef. I am going monday to buy a bradley smoker a four rack module. I have my eye on a whole sirlion from sams club. I have done a few for pulled beef by boiling pressure cooking or slow baking. They have always had good luck with them. I want to through one in the smoker and do some pulled beef right. Any tips for a rub or brine and how long should i smoke it for.

I would suggest you pick up a Chuck roast or a Shoulder Clod if you plan on pulling one.. Sirloin will be to leen for a lone smoke..
    Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

I would also agree with Ken on that. If you go to the sticky in the beef forum, it should help you out nicely!
      Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Comment

I'll go along with Ken and Dan on the chuck roast. As far as a rub, one of the last ones I smoked I used a rosemary/garlic rub. Came out good.

sigpic
        Smoke Vault 24

Comment

I agree with these guys. Get a cut of beef with more fat internal and your beef will be moister and tenderer. No need to brine or marinade. Just rub with any good beef rub that you like and smoke to 205.

I also prefer beef. Yum!
          Craig
          sigpic

Comment

Question is that smoked to 205 internal or at 205.
            Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
            I agree with these guys. Get a cut of beef with more fat internal and your beef will be moister and tenderer. No need to brine or marinade. Just rub with any good beef rub that you like and smoke to 205.

I also prefer beef. Yum!

Comment

chuck roast to 200-205internal,(smoker @ 225-250)wrap in foil & rest for an hour or 2 before pulling.garlic,blackpepper,& kosher salt sprinkled on works fine too.
              brink vertical charcoal(the carp)
              18" old smokey charcoal grill/smoker
              cast iron Hibachi
              22" Kettle w/ "Smoke-EZ" styled riser extension
              & rotisserator
              12x7 wells cargo vending trailer(mods in progress)
              stuffer,slicer & more carp than i can fit in it...
              Marshall amps & various awesome guitars,drums,P.A.,etc.recording studio.....

Blues-N-Cues Concessions & Catering
              http://blues-n-cuesbbq.com/
              my music recordings-
              http://www.reverbnation.com/rlcltd

Comment

I am going monday to buy a bradley smoker a four rack module.
                Noooooooooo, get something else.
                Build quality on the electronics and smoke generator sucks very large quadraped reproductive organs.
                Get yourself a charcoal smoker. Cheaper to run, nothing major to go wrong and easy to mod. Oh yeah and cheaper :-)

And yes I am speaking from experience. My smoke generator died after about 6 months and had to be rebuilt. The temp controller unit died after about about 18 months.
                Okay I admit it was my fault that it caught fire and finally died, but after all the gimmicks died I tried to use it as a charcoal smoker lol
                So I'd advise start with a charcoal smoker and avoid all the hassle I had with the bradley :-)
                Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
                  Noooooooooo, get something else.
                  Build quality on the electronics and smoke generator sucks very large quadraped reproductive organs.
                  Get yourself a charcoal smoker. Cheaper to run, nothing major to go wrong and easy to mod. Oh yeah and cheaper :-)

And yes I am speaking from experience. My smoke generator died after about 6 months and had to be rebuilt. The temp controller unit died after about about 18 months.
                  Okay I admit it was my fault that it caught fire and finally died, but after all the gimmicks died I tried to use it as a charcoal smoker lol
                  So I'd advise start with a charcoal smoker and avoid all the hassle I had with the bradley :-)

True Dat!!!!

Insert Bubba Prase Here----> Build A Drum <--------
                  Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Also there's a really thereapeutic air to charcoal smoking.
                    Yesterday's smoke in the outlaw was much more relaxing then any smoke I did when the bradley was working.
                    Hard to explain, but it's just a more cathartic experience all round :-)
                    Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                    Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Working...
                    X